With products such as edibles readily available in ‘legal’ states, cannabis users are spoiled for choice. You can eat or smoke marijuana or even see if vaping is something you will enjoy. Proponents of the plant claim that it is an amazing stress reliever. There is also scientific research to back up this suggestion.
With potentially thousands of marijuana strains to choose from, how do you narrow down the field? We have tried to help you with this article. It looks at five of the best cannabis options for a relaxing night in.
1 – Girl Scout Cookies
Features of Girl Scout Cookies
- A THC content ranging from 17% to 28%.
- Pleasant in appearance, with buds containing hues of green and purple, scattered with orange hairs.
- Possesses an earthy, sweet aroma.
- Has a flowering time of around 10 weeks and an average yield.
- It possesses highly soothing properties thanks to the elevated THC content. GSC is also potentially beneficial for MMJ users due to its relatively high CBN content.
Girl Scout Cookies provides euphoria and a deep level of intoxication. This is one reason why it is heralded as an epic stress-reliever. The high hits both your head and your body and typically results in couch lock. You’re likely to feel extraordinarily giggly and also quite reflective. It is a great strain to smoke when enjoying a lazy night with some friends.
Users of this strain have reported relief from chronic pain and inflammation thanks to its sedative properties. Aside from possibly helping to reduce your stress levels, GSC could also improve your sleep cycle.
2 – Purple Kush
Purple Kush made High Times magazine’s top 10 Kush strains list in 2016. It is often used in the production of hash due to its high yields. The large quantity of trichomes gives this plant a dewy white sheen. They also give you a clue as to its potency. Purple Kush is a pure indica descended from Hindu Kush and Afghani.
Features of Purple Kush
- Its THC content ranges from 18% to 25%.
- The leaves sometimes have a purple hue.
- The flavor is earthy to start with and is similar to sandalwood, with undertones of fruity, grape scents. The exhale combines a hash-like taste with that of grapes.
- The high that comes with Purple Kush usually lasts 2-3 hours.
- Plants flower within 8 weeks.
The peculiar hash/fruit aroma and taste can cause coughing during smoking. However, for many users, the effects of this sedative-inducing Indica are worth it. Almost immediately, you will settle into a state of physical relaxation. The head high is potentially psychedelic, which means you should focus more intently on your surroundings.
Purple Kush is a strain to lift the spirits. Its high THC content could also help with chronic aches and pains, common symptoms of conditions such as fibromyalgia. Some users also try this strain to combat severe insomnia.
3 – Gorilla Glue #4
As the name suggests, Gorilla Glue #4 could leave you glued to your couch! This balanced hybrid is a potent cross of Chemdawg and Chocolate Diesel. A little goes a long way with Gorilla Glue, as you only need a few hits to become couch-locked. It is a strain best avoided by novices.
However, if you are an experienced user, this is an excellent strain for a lazy night in. Some users try it to help with anxiety and stress due to its powerful cerebral buzz.
Features of Gorilla Glue
- It has an average THC content of 25%.
- Gorilla Glue has inherited notes of coffee and mocha in its taste from Chocolate Diesel. However, it still offers a pungent taste reminiscent of diesel that lingers in your mouth long after smoking.
- GG4 is an intense strain that takes effect very quickly and provides a lengthy high.
- It flowers in approximately 8-9 weeks.
- GG4 provides a heavy sedative effect.
Gorilla Glue #4 is a hard-hitting strain that takes effect soon after use. You’ll relax heavily, melt into the couch after smoking, and could end up in fits of giggles. This high will unwind your mind and numb your body, washing away any aches and pains. It may also help you forget specific stresses. MMJ patients with conditions such as depression and anxiety often turn to GG4.
This strain could also help with insomnia. The fact that users struggle to find mental clarity makes GG4 extremely desirable for some. Side effects include a parched mouth as well as dry and itchy eyes. If you have a low THC tolerance, you could experience paranoia, dizziness, or a headache, so use Gorilla Glue #4 cautiously.
4 – Lemon Skunk
Lemon Skunk was once ranked in the top 10 strains of many popular cannabis publications. It is a slightly sativa-dominant strain that’s a cross of Skunk #1 and Dutch Citron Skunk. While it can boost your energy and enhance creativity, it also possesses sedative properties once the high spreads. This is a great afternoon strain if you plan to spend hours relaxing and watching Netflix!
Features of Lemon Skunk
- Its THC content ranges from 15% to 22%.
- It has a taste and aroma reminiscent of lemons, hence the name.
- Great for pain relief; it was designed with migraines in mind.
- Users often report experiencing a mood-elevating high.
- It has a flowering time of 8-9 weeks and can produce a monster yield.
- Its sativa nature offers an energetic high initially, but sedation is usually the outcome.
Lemon Skunk delivers a euphoric high that often leaves users feeling quite creative. However, the effects it has on the body can make you experience couch lock. The numbing sedative effect could prove beneficial if you have chronic pain.
Although it is a sativa dominant strain, Lemon Skunk users still find themselves feeling relaxed. This effect makes it perfect for a lazy night in! Furthermore, inexperienced users sometimes fall asleep an hour or two after smoking once the head high has worn off. Lemon Skunk could also help relieve nausea that accompanies other conditions.
5 – OG Kush
The OG Kush strain is an all-time classic. It is a slightly sativa-dominant hybrid that’s likely a cross of Hindu Kush and Chemdawg. This strain provides a pleasant cerebral high that helps reduce anxiety. According to some users, OG Kush is ideal when playing video games.
Features of OG Kush:
- Its THC content ranges from 20% to 27%.
- The buds are silvery-white in appearance.
- OG Kush has an earthy aroma with citrus undertones. Some users say it reminds them of hoppy beer.
- It has a spicy taste akin to what one would expect from an indica.
- OG Kush has a strong smell that lingers. It is certainly not the best option if you require a discreet smoke.
- It has a flowering time of approximately 8-9 weeks.
- The head high makes it potentially useful for MMJ users with depression and anxiety. It could also help alleviate pain.
OG Kush tends to provide an intense cerebral high. You might feel more focused, while some of the effects are slightly psychedelic. These effects can progress toward euphoria. The lift in your mood could reduce symptoms of depression or anxiety. It doesn’t provide the same level of focus as other sativa-dominant hybrids. Nonetheless, OG Kush is still popular amongst MMJ patients with conditions such as ADHD.
Its elevated THC content means users with a low tolerance might experience paranoia if they overindulge. You may also experience cottonmouth. However, for some users, the risk of experiencing side effects is worth it for the relaxation they feel.
Final Thoughts on the Best Marijuana Strains for a Lazy Night in
No matter what constitutes a relaxing night in for you, there is likely a suitable cannabis strain. While you can use some of the strains mentioned above in the afternoon, it is best to wait until evening. There is a strong possibility that you’ll feel sedated and couch-locked. You may even find that the options in this article help you get ready for a good night’s sleep.
Before you choose any cannabis strain, make sure the substance is legal in your location. Also, it is always wise to use marijuana sensibly. Start low and slow, understand your limits, and remain within them.
Related Article: Weed and Relaxation: Why Combine the Two?