*All the data provided is for oil products only
Mary’s Medicinals Brand Summary
- Fantastic range of transdermal and topical products
- Choose from CBD, CBN, THC, or CBD + THC items
- One of the first companies to offer CBD patches
- Numerous positive reviews on the company’s website
- The patches were not effective for as long as stated
- The skin must be really clean before applying patches
Read on for our complete Mary’s Medicinals review, or check out some of our favorite CBD topicals below:
Mary’s Medicinals Complete Review
You are probably well aware of the litany of research surrounding CBD oil and its efficacy with regards to tackling a wide variety of maladies.
While most companies sell CBD oil as a food supplement, Mary’s Medicinals is a brand name that is intent on changing the way we consume cannabis products. It offers an incredible array of lotions and ointments so you can enjoy the goodness of CBD oil by putting it on your skin.
About Mary’s Medicinals
The company is based in Colorado and was established in 2013. It quickly gained a positive reputation for its high-quality CBD laden topical gel pens, transdermal patches, and a range of other products designed to go on your body rather than in it.
Mary’s Medicinals is a brand name on the rise, and it has won several awards including the 2014 Invention of the Year at the prestigious Cannabis Business Awards. The company also won Best New Product at the High Times Cannabis Cup.
Mary’s Medicinals Highlights
- The CBD products do an excellent job of easing local symptoms without getting you ‘high.’
- The patches, gels, and creams are perfect for long journeys. Simply wear a patch or apply the cream and it will quickly take effect and offer relief for hours.
- THC products are ideal for recreational marijuana users.
- The patches are so effective that you don’t need more than two at a time.
- The delivery service is very effective; you could have a product at your door within an hour of ordering!
- The products are all-natural and free from harmful chemicals.
Mary’s Medicinals Top Products
Here are some of Mary’s Medicinals’ most popular products and how to use them:
Mary’s Medicinals Transdermal Patches
the company’s 2” x 2” transdermal patches are award-winning innovations. all you have to do is apply a patch to any ‘venous part of the skin,’ and it is effective for the entire day or night. they come in 10mg cbd, cbn, thc, and cbd: thc (50:50 ratio) form, or 20mg thc indica or sativa.
The humble transdermal patch has been around for almost 40 years, but its use in the cannabis field is relatively new. You should feel the benefits within half an hour although we found that the patches didn’t offer any benefits beyond 6 hours; well below the timeline claimed on the brand name’s website.
Mary’s Medicinals Transdermal Gel Pen
This pen is an accompaniment to the patches and is designed for patients looking to manage breakthrough symptoms. To apply, simply place the gel on your skin and rub it in for relief. Each pen offers 50 x 2mg doses, and you can choose between CBD, CBN, and THC sativa or indica.
Mary’s Medicinals CBD/CBN Capsules
As these tablets don’t contain THC, they are non-psychoactive which makes them an ideal everyday option. They are 100% plant-based which means they are suitable for vegans, and they contain zero additives or volatile organic impurities. Not to mention the fact they are also gluten-free. The capsules come in 5mg doses.
Mary’s Medicinals Elite CBD Muscle Freeze
this product is an all-natural way to soothe sore muscles; a must-have for exercise enthusiasts. the combination of cbd and natural plant extracts does an excellent job of cooling inflammation. it is available in 1oz tubs.
Mary’s Medicinals Green & Protein Powder Mixes
This is another product for fitness lovers, and each 16oz tub contains 160mg of active cannabinoids; you can also purchase it in 1oz servings as a trial.
The researchers at Mary’s Medicinals have discovered a new method of encapsulating and preserving fresh plant material. As a result, the plant’s nutritional value is retained, so the active cannabinoids remain intact for longer. You can choose between whey protein and greens to either get more nutrients or enjoy a post-workout shake.
Medicinal Benefits of Mary’s Medicinals
Mary’s Medicinals stands by the ability of their products to improve general health and wellbeing. While it is difficult to compare the effectiveness of transdermal products with ingested products, for example, we have to admit that patches and creams are ideal for long journeys.
The brand name claims that its products provide an ‘effective dosing’ that is 10 times better than anything on the market. This claim comes from the fact that the company’s transdermal products avoid getting metabolized by the liver and broken down by stomach acid. They achieve this because they are delivered straight to the bloodstream after being absorbed into the skin.
What Do Mary’s Medicinals Clients Say?
Although Mary’s Medicinals has only been in business for a few years, it has already helped tens of thousands of people and can boast an enormous amount of testimonials on its website.
For example, 25-year old Matt, who served in the U.S. Army, received a Purple Heart for Valor in Afghanistan but was seriously injured in an explosion. As well as suffering from chronic pain and migraines, Matt also has PTSD. After dozens of traditional medical treatments failed, Matt began using Mary’s CBD patches for his migraines and CBN patches to help him sleep.
According to Matt: “Cannabis helps me more than the dozens of prescription drugs the VA had me on.”
Furthermore, 75-year old Joe said: “My doctor said I should have been dead by now. I played 9 holes of golf today.”
The impressive list of testimonials goes on and on.
How to Purchase Mary’s Medicinals
The company’s full range of products can be purchased in Colorado, Arizona, California, Illinois, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington. Its range of Elite CBD Products can be purchased in every state. The site suggests that you call ahead to confirm that a specific product is available before you buy. You can also use Get Nugg to see if any local dispensaries can deliver the product.
If you can’t find the product you’re looking for, ask one of the company’s managers to order it for you.
Mary’s Medicinals Final Thoughts
While we are not completely sure that transdermal products are up to 10 times more effective than other forms of ingestion, there’s no doubt that Mary’s Medicinals offers a wide range of top-notch CBD and THC products to help various issues throughout the body and mind.
One slight downside is that our skin is not a 100% effective barrier, so the patches have a relaxant which leaves your skin vulnerable to external toxins. Just make sure that your skin is clean before wearing a patch. A good idea is to use alcohol to clean it before applying the patch.
Final Verdict – 6.5/10
Want to learn more about transdermal CBD? Here are some of our top-rated CBD patches.
Other Recommended CBD Oils
- Full-spectrum Hemp extract
- No pesticides, solvents or chemical fertilizers
- 3rd party laboratory tested
- Price Range ($48.00 – $390.00)
- Full-Spectrum Extract (Made in USA)
- 100% Natural and Organic
- Contain no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Prices range ($48-$125)
- High-grade CBD formula
- All products are lab tested
- Made from organically grown hemp
- Price Range ($39-$139)
- CBDPure uses a chemical-free CO2 extraction process
- 3rd party laboratory tested
- Certified hemp grown in Colorado
- Price Range ($29.99 – $79.99)
- Huge selection of CBD products
- Implement natural hemp practices
- Lab tested potency and purity
- Price Range ($29 - $99)
- Free shipping on orders over $99
- Certificate of analysis for all products
- Seed-to-sale hemp-based CBD products
- Price Range ($19.99-$124.00)
- All CBD products follow Good Manufacturing Protocols
- Made from all-natural, non-GMO Colorado hemp
- Community-minded brand
- Local sourcing where possible
- Price Range ($29.99-$199.99)