For better or worse, vaping seems to be taking the world by storm. At first, vaping nicotine liquid in e-cigarettes was what kicked off the craze, but sure enough, cannabis users soon caught on to the fact that their precious herb could be inhaled with vape pens – fancy little devices that can turn marijuana flower and/or concentrates into a delicious, smooth vapor.
Besides the fact that vaping appears to have health benefits over smoking marijuana (i.e. in a joint or bowl), there is one other key advantage: you can learn some pretty dope vaping tricks to impress your friends.
Luckily, some of these vape tricks are quite easy to master for beginners. As you get more and more advanced however, you can up your game until you reach that ultra elusive Super Saiyan Vape Badass mode. In this article, we show you our Top 10 vape tricks that will make your buddies simply say, “whoa.”
[Read on to learn how to master these tricks… But first, let’s have a quick look at what vaping actually is.]
Before You Start Nailing Vape Tricks, You Gotta Know the Basics…
In essence, vaping differs from traditional smoking in that it doesn’t involve combustion. This is extremely beneficial as it means you won’t be inhaling anything other than what’s in the cannabis (i.e. the cannabinoids). Combustion of cigarettes or joints can lead to the inhalation of harmful, possibly carcinogenic chemicals, while vaping does not appear to do so with the same degree of harm (or course, we could be entirely wrong on that).
Does this mean that vaping is better for your lungs? Well, we certainly can’t say for sure as there is no long-term data to say either yes or no. However, it does appear that vaping is at least easier on the throat, as many vape pen users report fewer “immediately noticeable” respiratory effects.
However, since vaping is a fairly new phenomenon, its long-term effects are still fairly under-studied. What is known however is that vaping can allow you to exhale massive amounts of “steam” (otherwise known as “clouds”), allowing you to pull off some pretty badass vape tricks.
Let’s check out a few of our favorite ones…
Top-10 Best Vape Tricks of All-Time
Now that you’re (hopefully) a little more sold on the process of vaping and how it works, let’s explore our top-10 list of vape tricks and exhalation techniques. Below are some of the most popular “maneuvers” among the vaping community, outlined in detail so that you can master the gnarliest vaping skills out of all your friends. Be aware that there is a mixture of beginner vape tricks and more advanced ones, however, so proceed with caution!
[There are likely many inherent health risks involved with vaping; we are NOT by any means promoting the use of any vape device – particularly among those who are under legal age to use them.]
#1 Best Vape Trick | The Ghost (Beginner Level)
This method is also called the ‘Snap Inhale’ or the ‘Mushroom Cloud’, and it involves blowing out a cloud of vapor before sucking it rapidly back in. It is one of the easiest vaping tricks, so if you’re a beginner at this then look no further. Here’s how to do it:
- Take a drag from your favorite vaporizing device and allow it to linger in your mouth for a few seconds.
- Push all the vapor out of your mouth in a ball. Practice this alone at first so you can get the hang ohow to short exhale and ensure it comes out in one short, round burst.
- Quickly inhale all the vapor back into your mouth; you should see a little ‘ghost’ of vapor as it is sucked back in.
As you can see, this is a very simple, three-step trick that won’t require a lot of practice.
#2 Best Vape Trick | The French Inhale (Intermediate Level)
Perhaps the most well-known smoke trick, whether with cigarettes or vapes, the French inhale is a very popular technique. It is also sometimes referred to as the Irish Waterfall, in which the vapor will flow upward from your mouth and is inhaled through the nostrils. As you will see, this is more of a waterfall in reverse.
- Drag a large amount of vapor and hold it in your mouth – trap it by bringing your tongue to the back of your mouth.
- Slowly open your mouth so that the vapor can seep out (don’t exhale or blow it out)
- Push out your lower lip so that the vapor travels upward, toward your nose; at this point, you still shouldn’t be exhaling.
- Move your tongue slowly from the back of your mouth to the front, pushing the vapor out; make sure you don’t do this too quickly.
- Breathe in through your nose while continuing to push the vapor out of your mouth with your tongue. Keep inhaling through your nose so that the vapor is sucked in through your nose as it leaves your mouth – this is what gives the reverse waterfall effect.
As you can see, there are more steps to this vape trick. It might take a few goes before you can perform the trick smoothly and make it look cool, but practice makes perfect!
#3 Best Vape Trick | Blowing an O (Intermediate Level)
Blowing an O shape is an age-old trick with smokers and vapers alike. Since it is so common, you would be forgiven for thinking that this is a very easy trick, but it actually takes a certain level of mastery to get it right. If you were ever wondering how to do it, the following steps should break it down and make it as easy as possible.
- Take a drag on your vape pen, making sure not to pull the vapor all the way into your lungs. Try and get as much vapor as possible.
- The tricky part is getting your mouth into the right shape to make the O. Make sure your tongue lies flat at the bottom of your mouth and make an O shape with your lips.
- Push the vapor out of your mouth using your throat. This sounds more difficult than it is; all you need to do is perform a mini cough, somewhat like a short sigh. You might need some practice, but it’s not too difficult.
This is really a timeworn trick for smokers, meaning that it might not be so impressive if your friends are in smoker circles. However, there are a number of ways to advance this trick further, including adding speed and distance, creating a backspin (by using your tongue), or improving the look of the rings by curling your lips more.
#4 Best Vape Trick | The Dragon (Beginner Level)
This is a super easy trick to get the hang of, and before you know it you’ll be looking like a monstrous dragon every time you vape! Basically, this trick will ensure that your vapor erupts in four separate streams. Grab your vape pen and get practicing, because this one will take no time at all.
- Take a long drag on the vape pen, once again making sure that you don’t fully inhale the vapor.
- Exhale forcefully through your nose while also exhaling through both sides of your mouth (make sure you use your tongue or the central part of your lips to create a block in the middle of your mouth).
Although the shape of your lips might feel uncomfortable at first, this trick is super simple. Since it’s so easy, you’ll be able to master it quickly, and you might choose to use this trick in all your following vaping sessions!
#5 Best Vape Trick | The Tornado (Intermediate Level)
Having taken the internet by storm, the tornado is another extremely popular trick. This involves whipping a flat pool of vapor on a flat surface so that it will spin up into a tornado shape. It looks insanely cool, but it’s also not a skill that is too difficult to acquire.
- Find a flat surface and make sure there is nothing on it. Complete beginners should also grab an empty paper towel roll (a tube) so that they can breathe down the roll in a more compact manner; more advanced users can breathe the smoke slowly onto the table slowly so that the vapor does not disperse.
- Inhale as much vapor as you can; the more the better.
- Breathe out the vapor onto the table. Refer to the advice in step one to see how it is best to do this.
- There are two possible ways to complete this step:
- Separate your pinky and ring fingers from your other fingers and place only these fingers onto the table
- Place all of your fingers together and insert your hand into the smoke (whichever option you choose depends on whatever is comfortable for you)
- Rapidly drive your hand up vertically to create the rise and spin of a vapor tornado.
For this trick, it is best to try it in a room with little wind interference. Make sure you close your windows before you attempt it. It requires a skillful flick of the wrist, but we’re sure you’ll get the hang of it with a little practice. Although it is a popular technique, it’s still one that will doubtless impress your friends.
#6 Best Vape Trick | The Bull Ring (Intermediate Level)
Have you seen the rings that are sometimes put through a bull’s nose? Well, this trick will teach you how to create the effect of a bull ring through your own nose for a second before you re-inhale the remainder of the vapor. It’s an intermediate trick that requires a little mastery, but it definitely looks cool and will make you look like a vaping champ.
- First, you will need to master how to blow an O-ring (see the third tip in this list).
- Inhale the vapor into your mouth, holding it there for a second.
- Blow a medium-sized vapor ring that is pretty thick; you will need to inhale a fair amount of vapor during step 2 for this.
- Lean forward and inhale through your nose directly in the top center of the ring. The illusion will make it look as though there is a bull ring through your nose.
It is advisable to practice this trick in front of a mirror so that you can see how it comes off. You will see that it actually isn’t so hard once you’ve got the hang of blowing an O, but it’s best to check that you’ve got it nailed before showing off to your smoking companions.
#7 Best Vape Trick | The Vape Bend (Intermediate Level)
Once again, you’ll need to master the O ring technique before you can try this wickedly hot vape trick. Ever see The Last AirBender? If you thought that movie was awesome (and not many people did considering it got a whopping 5% rating on Rotten Tomatoes), you’ll feel great performing this move. In short, this vape trick involves directing a smoke ring with your hand so it can travel around the room.
- Refer to the third tip in this list to learn how to blow an O ring.
- Inhale the vapor into your mouth and hold it for a moment or two.
- Cup your hand beside your mouth and blow an O ring.
- Follow the ring with your hand, directing it where you want it to go. Make sure you don’t move too fast or touch the actual vapor, or you’ll risk breaking the ring.
Pretty simple, right? Once you know how to direct the ring forwards, you can try out all sorts of tricks. As you begin to master the technique, you can try spinning the O and adapting to more advanced versions such as the Shark Bend.
#8 Best Vape Trick | The Bane Inhale (Advanced Level)
Inspired by the infamous Batman villain Bane, this is a more advanced adaptation of the French inhale. Once you master it, you’ll be able to look like Bane himself in a vapor simulation of his mask.
- Inhale the vapor and store it in your cheeks, thickening it by moving it as little as possible.
- Begin a basic French Inhale (see tip 2), allowing the vapor to flow out of your mouth slowly while inhaling through your nose.
- Close your teeth as the vapor seeps out – this should separate the smoke into several strands as it passes through your teeth, creating the illusion of Bane’s mask.
Since this is essentially a fancy French Inhale, this trick shouldn’t be too difficult. However, considering that you first have to have a full mastery of the French Inhale, we listed it as an advanced trick. Don’t worry, though, you’ll soon be on your way to getting the hang of it.
#9 Best Vape Trick | Blowing Triangles (Advanced Level)
Since O rings are so popular and not too difficult, you might want to try something more complicated and more impressive. So, what about trying a triangle? Of course, your mouth can’t naturally form this shape, so you’ll need to use your hand to make it work. But once you pull it off, you’ll be the envy of all your pals.
- Take a long drag on your vape pen.
- Blow a thick O ring by referring to the steps in tip 3.
- Use your hand to tap down (or up, depending on what is comfortable) on the side of the ring twice in quick succession, which should bend the ring into a triangle shape.
With only three steps, this trick should be simple. However, you have to be an ace at blowing an O ring first, and even then the Triangle is more complicated. Timing is absolutely crucial, because you have to perform the taps rapidly to ensure that it forms a triangle before it’s too late. Furthermore, you have to make sure that, despite being quick, you don’t break the ring.
#10 Best Vape Trick | The Jellyfish (Advanced Level)
The most advanced trick on this list, the Jellyfish is sure to up your vaping cred. There are a number of variations on the trick, but the premise is to push a small O ring through the center of a larger one so that they combine to form what appears like a jellyfish. It’s very tricky. but follow our steps below to start practicing.
- Inhale a significant amount of vapor, enough to blow two smoke rings.
- Blow a large O ring using the steps from tip 3, using your hand to push the ring and slow its pace slightly.
- Blow a smaller O and push it through the center, forcing the two rings to combine and create a jellyfish shape as they then spread out.
- To add a little flair, lean in and inhale all that is left.
Without a doubt, the Jellyfish is the coolest technique on this list. However, it is also definitely the most difficult. We recommend that you don’t try this one until you’re confident with all the others, or at least a virtuoso in blowing and bending smoke rings.
Final Thoughts on the Best Vape Tricks
Vaping is a great way to get your hit of cannabis since so far, it seems to be a little healthier than traditional smoking. As vaping continues to become more and more popular, however, you’ll need to discover more and more badass vape tricks so that you can impress your buds (no pun intended) and stand out from the crowd.
Luckily, if you master all the above moves, you may just end up harnessing that inner Super Saiyan status. Hell, you might even become the best vaper on the planet — as long as you follow the step-by-step instructions we provided above.
We hope that this guide on the best vaping tricks has been helpful and informative, but as always, remember that there are likely health risks associated with all forms of vaping. In other words, proceed accordingly!
Recommended Portable Vapes for Nailing the BEST VAPE TRICKS EVER:
- Da Vinci IQ
- Vote best for 2021
- Excellent vapor quality
- Warm-up: 80 sec
- Battery: 25 Min
- Temp: 350-430°F
- Price: $274.99
- Atmos Jump
- Operates with one button
- Durable & Compact
- Warm-up: 7-10 sec
- Battery: 30 to 40 min
- Temp: 395°F
- Price: $59.95
- G Pen by Grenco Science
- Complete temp control
- Extremely compact and easy to carry
- Warm-up: 30 sec
- Battery: 1-2 hour
- Temp: 200°F to 428°F
- Price: $49.95