*All the data provided is for oil products only
Kiara CBD: Quick Summary
- Handcrafted in Appenzellerland, Switzerland
- Pharmaceutical grade hemp extract
- Made from locally grown, certified organic Swiss hemp
- Manufactured in a Swissmedic facility and used by practitioners in clinics
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Limited range of products (does not currently offer gummies/edibles)
- $160 free shipping minimum
20% Coupon Code: CBD20LIFE
Kiara CBD Review
Before I get into this Kiara CBD review and start talking about products, let me just say one thing: before writing any brand review, I first look at the company’s website. Suppose you have basic knowledge of web design, development, marketing strategy, etc. (few people do, admittedly). In that case, you can tell a lot about a brand before you ever even try their products. When I got tasked with writing this Kiara CBD review, I knew I was dealing with top quality – just from reading a couple of pages on their website.
Kiara Naturals – A Breath of Fresh Air in the Over-Saturated CBD Market
Many websites, particularly in the CBD industry, are full of dated, run-of-the-mill claims and regurgitated marketing mumbo-jumbo about the miraculous benefits of hemp extract. (Read through a few popular CBD websites, and you’ll see what I’m talking about).
Browsing through some of the content on Kiara Natural’s website was immensely refreshing. These people know their products through and through. More importantly, they know the science behind cannabinoids and hemp extract and how to formulate products in a way that optimizes results for specific health applications.
And this was before I ever even spoke with anyone at Kiara CBD, or tried any of their products. After having a chance to chat with them, I can say I was blown away by A) their passion for CBD (and for plant medicine in general) and B) their in-depth knowledge about the molecular nature of CBD and its biochemical impact on the human body. These people are basically plant medicine scientists, who just happen to run a CBD brand.
Anyway, enough of that. Let’s get on with the actual Kiara CBD review and talk about some of these products, which are vegan, organic, and handcrafted in Switzerland.
The Handcrafted Kiara CBD Product Range
I had the fortune of testing out several of Kiara’s new products, and I can unbiasedly say they were among the most potent and effective CBD products I’ve used. Below, I’ve listed every product I tried personally, but this isn’t the full range of Kiara CBD products. In the section near the end, I highlight other CBD/plant medicine formulations they offer (but honestly, your best bet is to go directly to the website and browse the selection there).
Anyway, here is my Kiara CBD brand review based on my experience with products that I used personally.
Kiara CBD Pain Relief Tincture
I was keen to try this one because I go to Muay Thai training 3-4 times per week and never have a shortage of muscle aches and pains to deal with. While most brands sell CBD tinctures and claim they could help relieve pain as part of a generic set of benefits, Kiara Naturals adds specific plant medicine functionality to the mix. The Kiara CBD Pain Relief tincture combines organic CBD extract with the following:
- Angelica arc
- Angelica sinensis
- Corydalis yanhusuo
Each of these herbs has a lengthy history of traditional medicinal use, with different studies highlighting possible analgesic effects. The 10% extract is the one I used, which contains 1,000mg of CBD and medicinal extracts in a 100ml bottle.
After adding five full droppers of the tincture to a glass of water (as instructed by the brand), I did experience a noticeable reduction in pain, which lasted several hours.
As this is a tincture, alcohol is used as the base – so bear this in mind. Overall, the three parts liquid to one-part pure plant ratio seems to work pretty well for the training-related aches and pains I was dealing with.
Full-Spectrum Organic CBD Oil (CBC + CBDa)
Let’s keep things a little more straightforward here. As per EU rules, Kiara’s full-spectrum CBD oil contains a maximum of 0.2% THC. You also benefit from CBDa and CBC, and the product comes in the following CBD concentrations:
- 1,000mg (10%)
- 2,000mg (20%)
- 3,000mg (30%)
All three options offer 10ml of liquid, so choose the 3,000mg (30%) bottle if you want the most CBD per mL (this is the one I used). Place a dropper full of oil under your tongue, hold for about 60 seconds, and swallow. You get a remarkable 300mg serving per mL, which is a very potent dose that you’ll notice tangible effects with.
The oil tastes as CBD oil should, meaning the hempy taste might not appeal to everyone! However, it’s easy to get over this issue after you feel the benefits, which doesn’t take long. This product helped with the moderate muscle aches and pains, and also calmed me down and made me feel nice and relaxed.
CBD Muscle and Joint Salve
I was of course keen to try this product as there’s nothing like a good CBD topical to provide short to medium-term surface relief. The cannabidiol concentration is reasonable; Kiara Naturals crams 1,000mg of CBD in 50mL of salve, so you get an impressive 20mg per mL.
Apart from the CBD, the salve contains CBC, CBDa, and the following pain relieving plant extracts:
- Common rue
All seven herbs have at least some level of scientific research suggesting they are useful for pain and inflammation. Add in the whopping 30% arnica content, and you have a salve with serious potential.
Since Kiara Naturals recommends the product for workout recovery, along with joint pain, muscle pain, bruises, and even arthritis pain, I elected to apply some after a training session. Anyone who has ever fired off a dozen 5-minute kicking rounds on a heavy bag, will know very well the fire that burns within their quads the following day!
I applied the salve as soon as I was back in the changing room, and surprisingly, I felt almost no muscle soreness in my legs the following day. I hadn’t worked out this heavily for a couple of weeks, and usually, my legs feel like lead weights. Not on this occasion, so thanks, Kiara Naturals!
CBD Brain Boost Capsules
These capsules didn’t enable me to solve the Collatz Conjecture (Google it!), but I will say they kept me focused while writing this review! There is 20mg of CBD per capsule in a 60-count container. Although CBD is the star pupil in these capsules, it is ably assisted by the following plant extracts:
- Korean ginseng
- Bacopa monnieri
- Centella asiatica
- Passiflora incarnata
- Glycyrrhiza glabra
These capsules might not help you pronounce the names of the herbs above, but they could boost a tiring mind. If you’re starting to flag during a long shift or work project, take 1-3 of these before eating. I found that they gave me a nice lift, enhancing my concentration and helping me meet another taxing deadline.
Deep Sleep and Relax Tincture
I chose to round things off with this tincture, which is specifically designed to help you sleep. Each bottle contains 500mg of CBD, along with extract from the following medicinal plants:
- Humulus lupulus (hops)
- Eschscholzia California
- Valeriana officinalis
- Ziziphus jujuba
Each of these herbs is associated with promoting sleep and reducing anxiety. While I don’t tend to have issues with the latter, I certainly struggle to get my 8 hours, or even 6 if truth be told!
Yet, about 15 minutes after adding five droppers worth to water and drinking the mixture, I felt ready for bed. I should point out that I stayed away from the blue light associated with electronics and tried my best to create a sleep “ritual.” It worked because I slept about seven consecutive hours (I often wake up once or twice during the night). More importantly, I felt refreshed in the morning, which is rare for me.
Additional Info About Kiara Naturals CBD
Now that I’ve shared my personal experience actually using the products, let me talk a little about the two-man team that makes up the Kiara CBD operation. Boaz “bobo” Lehman and Oren Landa co-founded the company, and both know a thing or two about natural medicine. Lehman is trained in various natural therapy methods, while Landa is a certified osteopath, naturopath, and movement therapist.
Kiara claims that its products are the first choice of natural practitioners in about 200 European clinics, and also says it has a partnership with healthcare practitioners called Kiara Pro. Basically, if you’re a health professional looking to introduce plant-based solutions to your practice, register with this service!
The company also has an awesome service called Kiara Care. Once a month, Kiara Naturals provides subsidized treatment to people who need it, but can’t access it. The brand invites all interested parties to outline their stories to potentially qualify for free care from the professionals at Kiara.
As for the products themselves, here are a few key features that I haven’t pointed out yet:
- Each product is certified Bio Suisse
- Kiara Naturals manufactures its products in a GMP-, Swiss Medic, and FDA-registered facility
- Products are tested for purity by TÜV-SÜD, a reputable German company founded over 150 years ago
- To see a lab report, go to the Kiara Naturals “quality reports” page and type in your product’s batch number
- The brand says there’s a 60-day money-back guarantee (although, on the FAQ page, it outlines a 14-day ‘satisfaction guarantee’)
- Kiara stocks inventory in both the U.S. and the EU, so customers can expect fast (within 3-5 business days) shipping whether they have an Amrican or European address
Does Kiara Naturals Sell Any Other Products?
Yes, quite a few, as it happens, and I didn’t get the chance to test them all. Here’s a quick rundown of what else is available and relevant information on these products:
- Pure CBD Oil: Available in 1,000mg, 2,000mg, and 3,000mg concentrations. All options contain 10ml of liquid, and there is nothing but CBD in this product.
- CBD DermaCure Crème: Contains 3,000mg of CBD and CBG extract in 30ml of cream. Additional ingredients include Coptis, vitamin E, Scutellaria, Centella asiatica, menthol, Indigofera, and Stellaria media. It is designed to help with skin conditions such as dermatitis.
- CBD Skin Aid Cream: This topical could help with skin repair and is useful as a disinfectant cream. Apart from 1,000mg of CBD in 30ml of cream, this product includes hypericum, Stellaria media, aloe vera gel, Coptis, echinacea, obliphica, lavender, vitamin E, and Boswellia.
- CBD Distillate Vape Kit: Kiara Naturals sells a vaporizer and offers a 6-month guarantee with its battery. It also offers CBD distillate cartridges you can screw into the battery. There are also refill pods with 0.5ml of full-spectrum CBD distillate containing 55% of the cannabinoid and CBC and CBDa.
- Full Spectrum CBG + CBD Oil: This interesting product contains 1,000mg of CBD and 500mg of CBG per 10ml bottle.
- Winter Care Tincture: If you want something other than CBD, try this unique tincture which combines seven plants that could potentially increase your body’s natural defences.
- Body Boost Capsules: Fans of medicinal mushrooms will enjoy this product. It combines reishi, astragalus membranaceus, Siberian ginseng, and ashwagandha. There are 60 capsules per container, and Kiara suggests using them to help improve your overall health.
- The Immunity Kit: A package deal consisting of the Body Boost Capsules and the Winter Care Tincture.
- CBD Starter Pack: A package deal consisting of Pure CBD Oil and Full-Spectrum CBD Oil. Available in 2,000mg and 3,000mg concentrations.
Finally, you can save money by purchasing a 3-pack of the Full-Spectrum Organic CBD Oil (1,000mg) for the price of two bottles.
Kiara CBD Review: Final Summary / Where to Buy
Ultimately, I was highly impressed by the quality of the Kiara Naturals brand. Already, it has established a reputation for selling natural supplements of the highest quality. This is seen via the rapid increase in glowing customer reviews online. (You can add this writer’s recommendation to the list!).
Each of the five products I tried provided noticeable effects, which seldom happens with CBD brands. Apart from using high-quality Swiss hemp in all its products, Kiara Naturals includes herbs with a long history of use in traditional plant medicine. Furthermore, the brand has an extensive range of products, and offers something for everyone.
One might think that Kiara Naturals would charge extra for its expertise and additional herbal ingredients, but its pricing is actually highly competitive. The site, in general, is well-designed, with lots of useful information on its blog page. I also love that it donates its time and expertise to people in need via the Kiara Care program.
Kiara Naturals has been around a while, but is finally emerging as one of Europe’s best CBD and plant medicine companies. The brand deserves every accolade that comes its way, and I suspect to see a continued upward trajectory in the years to come.
The best place to purchase Kiara Naturals products is directly through the brand’s official website. You get loads of amazing information, lab analysis reports, and even special discounts and promotions from time to time. The Kiara team is also more than happy to help with any questions you might have regarding their products, so feel free to give them a shout if you need anything at all.
- Official site: kiaranaturals.com
- 20% Coupon Code: CBD20LIFE