- Excellent range of products for individuals seeking pain relief or recovery from exercise
- Outstanding value for money
- Endorsed by several current and former professional athletes
- Backed by a former United States Surgeon General
- Different CBD concentration levels
- Widely available in well-known retail stores
- Free shipping
- It doesn’t offer full-spectrum products
- Fails to provide detailed information on hemp source or extraction method
- A lack of customer reviews on third-party sites
Who Is Level Select CBD?
Level Select CBD is a brand created by Kadenwood, LLC, a California-based wellness company founded in 2019. The organization was co-founded by Erick Dickens, Doug Weekes, and Brian Newberry. It is undoubtedly a growing enterprise with 35+ employees. Kadenwood aims to create “plant-based wellness solutions for every consumer segment,” according to its official website.
The organization formed Level Select CBD in Newport, CA, as part of its mission, and it oversees the development of its own genetics, processes, equipment, and formulations. Simply put, Level Select CBD completely controls how its cannabidiol is produced from seed to sale. Dr. Richard Carmona, a former Surgeon General of the United States, backs the brand, offering it a level of credibility that few CBD brands can match.
Furthermore, the company works with a team of doctors to ensure its products contain a high enough CBD concentration to have a meaningful effect. Level Select CBD is also endorsed by many active and retired professional sports athletes such as Carson Palmer, Ann Drysdale, and Rickie Fowler.
The brand seems geared to athletes, although it invites all customers to sample what’s on offer. Level Select CBD has already been featured in various publications, including Rolling Stone, CBS Sports, and Bloomberg. Ultimately, there are no issues regarding this brand’s authenticity, but what about the quality of its products? We find out in this exclusive Level Select CBD review.
Level Select CBD Overall Score
|WayofLeaf’s Online Review Rating|
|WayofLeaf’s Reliability Factor|
|WayofLeaf’s Lab Report Verification|
|Product Potency Factor|
|Price Range||$ – $$|
|Types of Products Offered||CBD Oil Drops, Gummies, Sports Creams, Sport Sticks, Sprays, Sports Roll-Ons|
WayofLeaf’s Top 3 Favorite Level Select CBD Products
Although Level Select CBD targets athletes, its product range is designed to provide a host of benefits. First of all, it divides its products into four categories:
Therefore, you immediately know how to narrow your search. Furthermore, Level Select CBD takes its name from the fact it offers three different CBD “levels” or concentrations in selected products:
- Level 1: Helps relax muscles and handle daily discomfort.
- Level 2: Mid-strength products to aid with a significant degree of muscle soreness.
- Level 3: The highest concentration for those who need to feel CBD’s benefits.
1 – CBD Oil Drops (5000mg) – Level 3
The brand’s CBD oil drops come in unflavored and mint, and the three levels correspond to the following CBD concentrations:
- Level 1: 1200mg
- Level 2: 2400mg
- Level 3: 5000mg
Each bottle contains 60ml of oil regardless of the CBD concentration. Therefore, you get 20mg of CBD per ml even at the lowest level. There is also a CBD oil drops product containing 2400mg of cannabidiol and 180mg of melatonin. At 3mg of melatonin per serving, this product is designed to help you relax and sleep more easily.
The Level 3 product that our tester took contains an impressive 83.33mg of CBD per ml of liquid. She said that the CBD oil had a robust mint flavor. She followed the directions (use a full dropper twice daily), which meant consuming 166.66mg of CBD each day.
This is a dosage well above what most people would consume, but certainly, it had a positive effect on the muscle pain she feels. Moreover, she felt more energized during the day within a few days of regularly taking this product. Overall, this broad-spectrum CBD oil ticked many of the right boxes. Also, it is incredible value at just $130; few brands can provide such a high-quality product at such a low price point.
As for certificates of analysis (COAs), several are available for each product, including the Level 3 CBD oil drops. The most recent was from early 2022 and is highly detailed. According to the COA, the product contained 5,233mg of CBD, almost 5% more than what’s claimed on the label. There is also 68mg of CBGA and 20mg of CBDV, though the level of other cannabinoids was undetectable.
What We Loved About This Product:
- Extremely high CBD concentration
- Nice collection of terpenes
- Exceptional price
What We Didn’t Love:
- The mint taste might be too strong for some users, although our tester enjoyed it
|Product Price||$129.99 ($0.03/mg)|
|Type of Lab Report||Third-Party COA (Green Scientific Labs) (Order #90134)|
|Best Used For?||Stress/Anxiety, Pain Relief|
|Product Source||Hemp (USA)|
2 – Level Select CBD Gummies (750mg) Level ZZZ Restful Sleep
Although there are no “levels” involved in the Level Select CBD gummies range, there are a few options:
- CBD Gummies Immune Sport (750mg): 60-count container with each gummy containing 12.5mg of CBD. There is also 5mg turmeric and 5mg of vitamin C per two-gummy serving. This product is designed to help support the immune system.
- CBD Gummies Focused Energy (750mg): 60-count container with each gummy containing 12.5mg of CBD. There is also 20mg of caffeine and 100mg of ginseng per two-gummy serving. This product is designed to boost mental sharpness and help you stay awake.
- CBD Gummies Level ZZZ Restful Sleep (750mg): 60-count container with each gummy containing 12.5mg of CBD. There is 3mg of melatonin and 15mg of lemon balm per two-gummy serving. This product is designed to help you rest, relax, and sleep more easily.
The Level Select CBD gummies range also comes in trial pack sizes consisting of 10 x 12.5mg CBD gummies. The brand uses CBD isolate because it believes the result is better-tasting gummies with better effects.
Our tester tried the Restful Sleep gummies, consuming two each day. He said the natural berry flavor was reasonable but not to an extent where he would want to eat more than a couple a day. These gummies are less sweet than what other brands sell; that’s probably due to the absence of processed sugar. Level Select CBD uses organic tapioca syrup and organic cane sugar instead. As it also uses pectin, these gummies are suitable for vegans.
Our tester claimed that the gummies helped him sleep a little quicker, and he didn’t have a groggy feeling in the morning. However, he still woke up once or twice during the night as he usually does. Nonetheless, he felt the gummies are worth taking if you have issues getting to sleep in the first place.
According to the most recent COA, which was only a few months old when we reviewed it, the Restful Sleep gummies had 26.3mg of CBD per two-gummy serving, about 5% above what the label claims. Once again, it is detailed with pesticides, residual solvents, microbial, mycotoxin, terpene, and cannabinoid analysis.
What We Loved About This Product:
- It helps get you to sleep fairly quickly
- Detailed, up-to-date COA
- Good price point
What We Didn’t Love:
- It didn’t seem to result in long-lasting sleep
|Extract Type||CBD Isolate|
|Product Price||$49.99 ($0.07 / mg)|
|Type of Lab Report||Third-Party COA (Green Scientific Labs) (Order #94781)|
|Best Used For?||Sleep, Relaxation|
|Product Source||Hemp (USA)|
2 – Level Select CBD Cream (1200mg) (3 oz) Level 2 Mint
All of Level Select CBD’s sports creams come with a minty scent. You can purchase them in 0.5 oz or 3 oz tubs and three strength levels:
- Level 1 – 0.5 oz: 150mg CBD
- Level 2 – 0.5oz: 200mg CBD
- Level 3 – 0.5 oz: 300mg CBD
- Level 1 – 3oz: 900mg CBD
- Level 2 – 3oz: 1200mg CBD
- Level 3 – 3oz: 1800mg CBD
Level Select CBD combines a blend of broad-spectrum and nano CBD with menthol in its sports cream range. Our tester tried the Level 2 sports cream in a 3 oz tub. With approximately 400mg of CBD per ounce, it contains a reasonable degree of the cannabinoid.
When our tester rubbed the cream into his sore elbow, he was happy with its almost immediate cooling sensation. Furthermore, it didn’t leave a greasy residue on his hands. He found that the pain-relieving effect lasted about 4-5 hours, which meant he had to apply it three or four times a day.
Our tester was delighted with the consistency of the product. After a week of regular use, the cream had the same effect as it did on day one. He is pretty athletic, goes to the gym three times a week, and occasionally plays tennis. Therefore, he felt that this sports cream is suitable for his needs.
The COA we checked is over a year old and shows that there is 1,314mg of CBD in the product, almost 10% more than what the label says. Once more, there’s plenty of detail and enough information to prove that this product is safe for use. What we assume is a more recent COA failed to load when we tried to view it.
What We Loved About This Product:
- Lovely cooling sensation
- Gets to work almost immediately
- Doesn’t less a mess on your hands after use
What We Didn’t Love:
- It is mainly for athletes; individuals with pain from conditions such as arthritis may need something else
|Product Price||$39.99 ($0.03 / mg)|
|Type of Lab Report||Third-Party COA (Green Scientific Labs) (Order # 77147)|
|Best Used For?||Pain Relief|
|Product Source||Hemp (USA)|
Level Select CBD Q + A: What Our Readers Wanted to Know
Although we try to perform extremely in-depth brand reviews, there are always things that readers want to know that aren’t included in the review’s different sections. This is why we have created a Q&A so readers can find pertinent information at a glance.
Unfortunately, the brand is rather vague when outlining where its hemp is cultivated. All we know is that the hemp is grown in the United States.
The brand offers no information on the method of extraction it uses either. In the CBD industry, CO2 extraction is considered the best way to extract compounds from hemp, although some brands use ethanol extraction.
Green Scientific Labs, a Florida-based laboratory, performs the testing on Level Select CBD’s products. It is a reputable lab known for its cannabis, hemp, and CBD testing.
Level Select CBD allows visitors to see the COAs on a special Test Results page. It has multiple lab reports for each product, most of which are relatively up to date. The COAs analyze cannabinoids, terpenes, pesticides, residual solvents, heavy metals, and other possible contaminants.
The brand’s lab reports show that its products are safe to use, free from contaminants, and in general, laden with terpenes.
You should have no problems receiving Level Select CBD products if you live in the United States. The brand’s products are also widely available at major retailers such as CVS Pharmacy, Fry’s Dillons, Ralphs, and Kroger. However, it does not ship internationally.
Level Select CBD has a standard loyalty program. You get a point for each dollar you spend and a $10 discount for every 100 points you earn. There are additional points rewards for creating an account, liking the brand on Facebook, and following it on Instagram. Customers also get birthday and anniversary rewards. If you refer a friend, you get $25 in points, and your friend gets $25 off on their first order worth $49+.
There are three loyalty program tiers, Bronze, Silver, and Gold. The higher the tier, the better the rewards.
Furthermore, Level Select CBD offers a 30% discount if you subscribe to one item and 35% if you subscribe to two or more. When you subscribe, you can choose to have products shipped to you every 30, 60, or 90 days.
How to Choose the Right Level Select CBD Product
Although Level Select CBD is ostensibly a brand for athletes and active individuals, there are plenty of “universal” benefits associated with using its products. Let’s take a look at three of them.
- Insomnia: Almost one-in-three Americans report having short-term insomnia. Disturbingly, 5% of people admit to falling asleep while driving! Individuals with insomnia are more likely to have anxiety, and a lack of sleep increases the risk of many health issues. Level Select CBD has a specific range of products designed to help you sleep, including CBD gummies, oil drops, and tea. These products contain added ingredients such as chamomile and melatonin to help you relax and enjoy a restful night’s sleep.
- Fatigue: Data from the National Safety Council shows that almost 70% of the American workforce feels fatigued at work. Fatigued individuals are three times as likely to be involved in a car crash than average, and there is a heightened risk of injury at work. Level Select CBD sells gummies and tea designed to give you a natural energy boost during the day. With extra ingredients such as caffeine and ginseng, these products could help you stay alert and awake all day.
- Inflammation: Inflammation is a significant factor in chronic pain. The Level Select CBD Recovery range features topicals designed to help you get the most out of cannabidiol’s anti-inflammatory effects. The brand combines CBD with ingredients such as menthol to help you get maximum relief from pain. These topicals are particularly useful for athletes hoping to recover quickly from post-workout inflammation.
What Do Other Customers Have to Say?
There is little information on Level Select CBD customer reviews on third-party sites. Primarily, you’re relying on reviews posted on the official company website. Generally, taking those reviews with a pinch of salt is wise. Yet, Level Select CBD has no issue allowing customers to air grievances. It is a refreshingly honest approach that works well for the brand.
In the main, the reviews on the Level Select CBD website are positive. Most customers are happy with the quality of the products and the standard of customer service. However, there are a few minor complaints, such as the roll-on not working well and the taste of the gummies.
Here’s a sprinkling of Level Select CBD customer reviews.
I like that they also have antioxidants and they are so easy to chew. The taste, the texture, everything is a great combination.
All my fellow long-term hemp CBD oil users know about the main issue affecting so many brands : a bad taste. Whether it’s the lower cost stuff or high dollar name brands, it seems like so many cbd oil droppers are like taking medicine. For me, having a good flavor and no bad after taste is ideal way to take CBD. LEVEL 3 SELECT is going to be the first cbd oil bottle I actually finish lol. It tastes just like thise red and white striped peppermints that used to be so popular. The instructions say to take one full dropper twice a day and I put it under my tongue for thirty seconds first, but I noticed that it works just fine if you don’t. I added level three to my beverages and got the same effect. As someone with sleep issues and occasional back spasms from sciatica back pain, I was surprised at how cbd oil can really supplement my stretching and self care regimens. But a real advantage of high potency, high quality CBD like Level 3 is you can use it as a post-workout supplement and add it to your smoothies etc. Cbd is great for post workout recovery and many athletes have talked about using it especially in professional mixed martial arts.
With other CBD products, I barely felt a difference or if I did it was because it was combined with theanine, so I really wasn’t sure CBD worked for me on its own. This said take a full dropperful. Knowing my sensitive self I took half, and slept really well but was a bit out of it the next morning. So the following nights I took a fourth and that was a better dosage for me for sleep and muscle soreness from working out. I love the minty flavor!
For me, I also needed a bit of a higher dosage of CBD so I just took an extra gummy but your needs for CBD might be different. Overall it tastes really good and seems to be a high quality gummy
Additional Level Select CBD Products
Besides CBD oil drops and gummies, this brand focuses primarily on topicals. We’ve already covered the CBD sports cream, but you can also buy the following:
- CBD Sports Stick: You can purchase Level 1 (300mg of CBD in a one-ounce container) or Level 3 (600mg of CBD in a one-ounce container) sports sticks. It contains menthol and is ideal for application on the go. Furthermore, it ensures you don’t have CBD cream on your hands.
- CBD Spray: The only option here is a Level 2 (1200mg of CBD) container. According to Level Select CBD, there is 40mg of cannabidiol per application. Once again, this is an excellent product if you want to apply CBD immediately after a workout and don’t want any mess on your hands.
- CBD Roll-On: Once again, you can apply CBD directly to your skin without getting your hands dirty. There are Level 1 (900mg of CBD), Level 2 (1200mg of CBD) and Level 3 (1800mg of CBD) options. In each case, there are 2.5 ounces of roll-on in each container. The massaging roller ball enables greater accuracy when applying the product.
- Nighttime Relief Bundle: A combination of Restful Sleep CBD Gummies, Level ZZZ CBD Oil Drops, and Level 3 CBD Sports Roll-On.
- Daytime Relief Bundle: A combination of Focused Energy CBD Gummies, Level 2 CBD Oil Drops, and Level 3 CBD Sports Cream.
- CBD Tea: There are four options; English Breakfast Tea, FOCUS Green Tea & Lemon, REVIVE Earl Grey Tea, and SLEEP Chamomile Tea. Each option consists of 18 teabags containing 15mg of CBD apiece. As you can tell from the product names, each one is designed for a specific purpose.
Incidentally, Level Select CBD is having a clearance sale on the following products:
- CBD Sports Cream Level 1 (300mg)
- CBD Sports Cream Level 2 (600mg)
- CBD Sports Roll-On Level 1 (300mg)
- CBD Sports Roll-On Level 2 (600mg)
These products use an old formula and are on offer at extremely low prices.
Level Select CBD Review: Final Summary
|WayofLeaf’s Overall Value Rating|
|WayofLeaf’s Customer Service Rating|
|Ships Outside the USA?|
|Available for Online Ordering?|
|Available in Retail Stores?|
|Military/Veteran’s Discount Available?|
|Money Back Guarantee?||Yes (30 days)|
|Shipping/Returns Policy||Level Select CBD has a 30-day money-back guarantee. The brand offers free shipping on all orders and aims to ship all orders within 2-5 business days of them being processed. It uses USPS First Class Mail with orders generally received 3-4 days after the shipment date. However, there could be delays in some cases.|
|Link to Buy||levelselectcbd.com|
There’s no question that Level Select CBD is “on the level” in terms of authenticity. It sells a nice selection of CBD topicals and products at higher concentrations than many of its rivals. Furthermore, its products are excellent value for money, and its COAs are detailed and up-to-date. Also, you can benefit from a substantial discount if you opt for the convenience of the brand’s subscription service.
On the downside, it doesn’t have the most comprehensive selection outside of its CBD topicals, and we wish the brand provided more details about where it grows its hemp and the extraction method(s) used.
Nonetheless, the quality of the products is not in question as far as we’re concerned. Level Select CBD is undoubtedly a great choice if you’re active and need help recovering from exercise. However, it also has much to offer, even if you’re not an athlete.