With so many CBD oil brands on the market, it is often extremely hard to know which ones are the best, and more importantly, how much CBD you should take.
In this guide, we’ve got the CBD dosage topic covered, but you should always consult with your doctor before beginning any form of treatment. CBD-rich oil comes in a variety of concentrations and forms, and while most bottles have a label with suggested dosing, CBD oil works differently for each person. If you’ve never tried CBD or you are still trying to figure out what works best, then this article is for you.
Continue reading as there are a few important things to understand about CBD oil and CBD oil dosages.
Important Things to Know About CBD Oil Dosing
CBD dosing is not a straightforward matter. There are several different factors to consider, ranging from genetics to what condition one is hoping to treat. Here’s what you need to know:
1) Every Person is Different and May Require a Different Dosage
If you’ve been reading the articles on our site, then you have probably heard of the endocannabinoid system. This is a unique system in our body that’s responsible for maintaining homeostasis of our mental and physical health.
CBD is believed to help regulate the endocannabinoid system by modulating various receptors located within cell and tissue systems
The endocannabinoid system is extremely complex and far from understood, but what we do know is that every person’s physiology is different. Therefore, while the instructions on a CBD oil bottle may be informative and clear, the standard dosing may affect two different people in completely different ways.
2) Genetics, Tolerance and General Health
Everyone has his or her own genetics, tolerance, and general health. Some suffer from severe, debilitating chronic pain conditions and others are looking to help their day to day anxiety.
All of the above factors come into play as far as how well CBD works for an individual. It cannot be expected that someone who is in good health will require the same dosage as someone who has a number of severe medical issues.
3) It’s Not a Miracle Cure
It’s important to understand that CBD oil is not a miracle cure. Don’t expect to take a few drops and voilà, you’re cured.
The effects of CBD oil are not instant. CBD can take time to work and results may not happen overnight. The key is finding the right administration route and dosage.
The Standard CBD Oil Dosage Manual
Now, remember, this is a very general guide.
Furthermore, it is always best to consult with your doctor before starting a CBD regimen. With that said, there are a few common dosage strategies that might work for you:
- Start by taking one dropper of a low-dose CBD on the first day in a situation in which you don’t have to be alert or operate machinery. It’s important to see how you feel as everyone reacts differently.
- If all goes well but you don’t see the desired effect, increase the amount to 2 droppers per day, spread throughout the day. For example, take one in the morning and one in the evening.
- If you don’t experience any change, then increase at a slow rate and see how you feel.
- If no effect occurs but side effects set in, it may be that a different route of administration (vape, topical, etc.) is needed. Or perhaps CBD may just not work for you.
Remember that many CBD oil companies advise you to put the drops under your tongue and let them take effect for at least 30 seconds.
CBD Oil Dosage Recap
If you are just starting out with CBD oil, then remember to start small and to consult with your doctor. Fortunately, there is no established lethal dose of CBD, according to ProjectCBD, a non-profit organization dedicated to making CBD research transparent.
However, one should still be cautious, and as with any new health products, it’s important to know how your body reacts to CBD. Increase the dosage gradually and if you feel that the CBD oil isn’t affecting you in a positive way, then you should stop and consult with a medical professional.
- Full-spectrum Hemp extract
- No pesticides, solvents or chemical fertilizers
- 3rd party laboratory tested
- Price Range ($48.00 – $390.00)
- Full-Spectrum Extract (Made in USA)
- 100% Natural and Organic
- Contain no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Prices range ($48-$125)
- High-grade CBD formula
- All products are lab tested
- Made from organically grown hemp
- Price Range ($39-$139)
- CBDPure uses a chemical-free CO2 extraction process
- 3rd party laboratory tested
- Certified hemp grown in Colorado
- Price Range ($29.99 – $79.99)
- Huge selection of CBD products
- Implement natural hemp practices
- Lab tested potency and purity
- Price Range ($29 - $99)
- Free shipping on orders over $99
- Certificate of analysis for all products
- Seed-to-sale hemp-based CBD products
- Price Range ($19.99-$124.00)
- All CBD products follow Good Manufacturing Protocols
- Made from all-natural, non-GMO Colorado hemp
- Community-minded brand
- Local sourcing where possible
- Price Range ($29.99-$199.99)