Who doesn’t love experimenting with their favorite bud? Whether you are a master of the blunt, love an old school doobie or prefer to indulge in a delicious pot brownie, cannabis is one of the most versatile and adaptable drugs for getting naturally high out there!
Despite the range of ways you can opt to get as high as a kite, smoking pot through a bong has long been seen as a superior way to enjoy all the flavors and effects that cannabis brings to the table.
Look anywhere online, and you will be inundated with different styles of the bong, from your simple, classic bong to the most intricate and stunning pieces of kit you have ever seen. The fact is that the world of bongs is pretty limitless, but for a super stylish one, you are talking big bucks!
Today, we are going to be showing you how you can enjoy the benefits of smoking pot with a bong, all from the comfort of your own home! We will be sharing not one, but THREE simple, easy to follow DIY bongs that you can create from basics you can find around the house.
So get your pen and paper at the ready, as we share three ways to make a cheap ass bong (and get high while you’re at it!)
Three Ways to Make a Cheap Ass Bong Using Household Items…
We know what you’re thinking, making a bong that works from stuff you can find hanging in the back of kitchen cupboards sounds far too good to be true! However, believe us when we tell you that all three of these bongs are not just cheap but are all SO simple and all require no more than six items to create!
Follow our step-by-step guide, and we can guarantee that with the perfect bowl, you will be getting next-level high in no time.
#1 The Old School Plastic Bottle Bong
We’ve all enjoyed a plastic bottle bong before now, right? Remember at those house parties when you were young, tight on cash and wanting to get high? There would always be that genius who would present a makeshift bong made from an old plastic bottle, although nobody ever saw it get made! Well, today we are going to be showing you exactly how to create your very own plastic bottle bong for those rainy days in!
What You Will Need:
- Cannabis (of course)
- A clean plastic bottle
- A pen or other sharp object to make small holes with
- A small tube, such as an empty highlighter pen
- Tin foil
- A pin
- First things first, take your empty plastic bottle and fill it a quarter of the way full with tap water. N.b. The larger the plastic bottle, the more smoke you will get and the bigger the high!
- Using your pen or another sharp object, pierce a small, rounded hole just below the neck of the bottle. This will be the carb which you cover with your finger to prevent the smoke from escaping before you are ready.
- Using your pen or sharp object again, pierce another small hole lower down, just above the waterline. This will be where your downstem goes.
- To make your downstem, merely take a tube – we used a highlighter with the center removed.
- Using a small amount of foil, wrap it around the wide end of the tube/highlighter and then press down gently into the center to make a bowl.
- Take your pin to create around 5-6 small holes in the foil. This will help the smoke get through.
- Once you are happy with your downstem, gently push it, smallest end first, into the second hole that you made. You should be able to submerge the end of the downstem into the water comfortably.
- Pack your bowl, and give her a go!
#2 The Simple Solution Apple Bong
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, and this homemade apple bong is a great way not only to get a good hit of weed on a budget, but is also environmentally friendly! So, nothing to make a bong from? With our second DIY method, you will never be stuck for inspiration again!
What You Will Need:
- An apple
- A knife
- A lighter
- Bongs don’t get much simpler than this. Start by removing the apple stem by twisting and pulling.
- Use your knife to make a hole in the top of the apple, going down through the core. Go in from the point where the stem was removed, and be careful to stop around halfway through the apple.
- Now using your knife again, poke a second hole, this time going in from the lower side of the apple. This will be your mouthpiece.
- You want to make sure that your mouthpiece hole connects to the first hole you made that went through half the apple. This will ensure the two channels connect, allowing smoke to travel to you.
- Last but not least, use your knife to create a small carb. To do this, simply go through the hole which is your mouthpiece and continue to push through until it makes a small hole on the other side of the apple. This will allow for optimal airflow.
- Load the bowl at the top, and away you go!
#3 The Get-You-HIGH Gravity Bong
Last but by no means least is the infamous gravity bong. Infamous why, we hear you ask? Gravity bongs are well-known for their ability to pack one heck of a punch, and will pretty much be sure to get you blazed after just a couple of pulls!
What You Will Need:
- A plastic bottle
- A larger plastic bottle or container (has to be bigger than the first plastic bottle!)
- Aluminum foil
- A knife
- A pin
- Taking your plastic bottle, ensure the lid is removed and cover the mouthpiece with your foil
- Use your pin to make around five or six small holes through which smoke can travel
- Cut off the bottom 2 inches of the plastic bottle
- Fill a separate, larger bottle with water (this can be any container as long as it is bigger than your bottle)
- Take your plastic bottle and submerge it open side down into the water until the waterline reaches the neck (don’t get that bowl wet!)
- Load your bowl with your best bud and as you light her up, slowly lift the plastic bottle so that it begins to fill with air. Continue lifting slowly until the bottle is almost out of the water and you are then ready to remove the foil and inhale the good stuff!
Final Thoughts: Which DIY Bong Will You Try?
Whether you are a novice smoker or a seasoned expert, sometimes there is just nothing better than enjoying the simple things in life, and you don’t get much more straightforward than our bongs from today.
Old school bottle bong or humble apple? We would love to know what you will be trying, and if you have ever tried one of these before, let us know how you got on in the comments!