- Enormous product range and excellent value for money
- Includes detailed and updated lab reports with each product
- Sells delta 9 THC products
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Loyalty program
- Ships to customers in several countries
- Products manufactured in facilities that meet Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP)
- Mixed customer reviews with a suggestion the brand vets reviews on its official website
- The return policy is only applicable with unopened products for the most part
- The massive product range might confuse CBD novices
Who Is CBDfx?
Jameson Rodgers and Ali Esmaili founded CBDfx in 2014. From the outset, the brand aimed to ensure that high-quality CBD was available and affordable to anyone who wanted it. The San Fernando Valley-based brand has expanded significantly to the point where it is the world’s second-largest privately held CBD organization.
CBDfx has over 100 employees and offers an impressive array of products. Apart from the founders, key team members include the Chief Operating Officer, Dan Prasad, the Managing Director for Europe, Carlo Buckley, and the VP of Marketing, DeEtte Christie.
CBDfx currently has three separate sites: One for the U.S. market, one for UK visitors, and one for Japanese customers.
The company has also gone the extra mile to ensure its premium-grade products are safe for consumption by hiring a Medical Advisory Board that reviews CBDfx’s products. Speaking of which, it’s time to review three of the brand’s most popular products.
CBDfx Overall Score
|WayofLeaf’s Online Review Rating|
|WayofLeaf’s Reliability Factor|
|WayofLeaf’s Lab Report Verification|
|Product Potency Factor|
|Price Range||$ – $$$|
|Locally Grown / Sourced|
|Types of Products Offered||CBD oils, tinctures, gummies, cookies, drinks, capsules, medical mushroom drops, vape juice, CBD for pets, CBN, CBG, delta 9-THC, and topicals.|
WayofLeaf’s Top 3 Favorite CBDfx Products
CBDfx’s range of products is vast enough for it to be a viable one-stop shop for all your CBD needs!
1 – CBD + CBN Calming Tincture (500mg)
We kick things off by looking at the CBDfx oil range. While there is a nice variety, we noted that there is no “standard” CBD oil. Instead, you can choose from the following:
- CBD + CBN Calming Tincture
- Focus Mushroom + CBD Drops: CBG Energy Blend
- Unwind Mushroom + CBD Drops: CBN Relax Blend
- CBD Oil Sleep Tincture
- CBD + CBG Oil Wellness Tincture
There are also Delta 9 THC drops and pet tinctures that we briefly analyze later on. Our tester opted for the CBD + CBN Calming Tincture, which comes in five concentrations:
- 500mg + 150mg CBN
- 1000mg + 150mg CBN
- 2000mg + 150mg CBN
- 4000mg + 300mg CBN
- 6000mg + 300mg CBN
The product also contains a terpene complex. Although the CBDfx oil contains no natural flavors, our tester acknowledged a slightly sweet citrus taste. This is due to the combination of terpenes and the stevia added by CBDfx.
Given our tester’s issues with insomnia, he wanted to see if it would help him get to sleep. He took it about an hour before going to bed and soon realized he acted too early! Within 25 minutes, he said his eyes felt heavy enough to justify going to bed.
A good night’s sleep later, and our tester was keen to continue using this oil, reporting that its effects remained relatively constant over a few weeks. It is hard to say whether the CBN helped, but there is anecdotal evidence that it can help improve sleep. This product is medically reviewed by Dr. John Rackham, who reported a similar experience to our tester.
We checked the lab report for the 500mg options and found that it contained 551 mg of CBD and about 127 mg of CBN. While the CBD content is higher than claimed on the label, the CBN level is slightly lower. The lab report is only a few months old and is highly detailed, with pages of information on pesticide, cannabinoid, microbiology, heavy metal, mycotoxin, and residual solvent analysis.
What We Loved About This Product
- It is effective at helping you relax and ensuring you get ready for bed
- Detailed third-party lab report
- Pleasant sweet taste
What We Didn’t Love
- It contains less CBN than what’s claimed on the label
|Product Price||$39.99 ($0.08 / mg)|
|Type of Lab Report||Third-Party (SC Labs) (Batch Number – SVPO745-500)|
|Best Used For?||Sleep, Relaxation, Stress/Anxiety|
|Product Source||Hemp (USA)|
2 – CBDfx Original Mixed Berry CBD Gummies (1500mg)
There is an extensive range of CBDfx gummies which includes:
- CBD Gummies with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Multivitamin CBD Gummies for Women and Men (2-pack)
- CBD Gummies with Turmeric and Spirulina
- CBD Gummies with Melatonin for Sleep
- A Day & Night CBD Gummy Set combining the Turmeric and Spirulina and Melatonin gummies (2-pack)
- Several Delta 9 THC Gummy options
However, our tester elected to go with the Original Mixed Berry CBDfx gummies option. Like the rest of the CBDfx gummies range, this product contains 1500mg of CBD. There are 60 gummies per bottle, each with 25mg of CBD.
According to our tester, the gummies had a subtle yet enticing scent and offered a natural sweetness. Sometimes, CBD gummies have an artificial taste, but this isn’t the case here. After using this product for two weeks, our tester confirmed that he felt calmer and more relaxed during the day. Furthermore, he felt as if his level of energy had increased and believed he had become more productive at work on average.
CBDfx uses organic cane sugar and organic tapioca syrup along with natural flavors to give these gummies their great taste. This product is also suitable for vegans since it contains pectin rather than gelatin.
The lab report for this product is only a couple of months old. It is highly detailed with analyses for cannabinoids, pesticides, microbials, and much more. The COA also reveals 1,704mg of CBD in the container, over 200mg more than what’s claimed.
What We Loved About This Product
- High CBD concentration
- Recently updated lab report
- Offers excellent value for money
What We Didn’t Love
- The “natural flavors” could technically be comprised of synthetic chemicals, although the product passed the testing phase with flying colors
|Type of Lab Report||Third-Party (SC Labs) (Batch Number – PV050320223)|
|Best Used For?||Relaxation|
|Product Source||Hemp (USA)|
3 – CBDfx Tropical Focus Shot (20mg)
Not many CBD brands offer drinks these days. At one time, beverages containing the cannabinoid were a hot trend. Perhaps the fact that such products are usually costly is one of the main reasons CBD drinks have never really taken off.
However, we were intrigued to find that CBDfx sells CBD shots, canned drinks containing 20mg of the cannabinoid apiece. There are three options:
- Pomegranate Focus Shot: Contains 150mg of L-arginine and 75mg of caffeine.
- Tropical Focus Shot: Same as the Pomegranate version.
- Lemonade Chill Shot: Contains 200mg of L-theanine, along with zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6.
The Chill Shot is designed to help you relax in the evening and perhaps improve your chances of enjoying restful sleep. The Focus Shots are supposed to help give you an extended energy boost.
Our tester chose the Tropical Focus Shot and enjoyed the flavor, which is a combination of apple, lemon, monk fruit, and coconut. The thing about CBD beverages is that they help you derive the benefits of the cannabinoid much faster than if you use CBD oil, capsules, or gummies.
According to our tester, she began to feel the energetic effects of the drink within 20-25 minutes. She said the effects were akin to what one would expect from a sugary energy drink, but without the sudden crash. The 75mg of caffeine is enough to have a benefit as it is slightly more than what’s in an ounce of espresso.
What surprised our tester was the duration of the effects, which lasted far longer than the energy burst provided by a cup of coffee or an energy drink. The main downside is the price. You pay an average of $5 for a drink with 20mg of CBD. Therefore, it is only something you would drink now and again.
The most recent lab report is from September 2021. It revealed that there is 20.34mg of CBD per unit, almost precisely what the label claims. However, there is no information on pesticides, microbials, heavy metals, or other chemicals, which is never good.
What We Loved About This Product
- Great taste
- There is almost precisely the CBD content claimed on the label
- Works fast and is effective
What We Didn’t Love
- It is far too expensive in our opinion
- The lab reports aren’t anywhere near detailed enough
|Price||$4.99 ($0.25 / mg)|
|Type of Lab Report||Third-Party (SC Labs) (Batch Number – NEFSTR)|
|Best Used For?||Energy, Stress/Anxiety|
|Product Source||Hemp (USA)|
|Taste||Sweet, Fruity, Tropical|
CBDfx Q + A: What Our Readers Wanted to Know
Thus far, we have looked into the history of CBDfx and reviewed three of its products. However, there is a lot to learn about this brand and what it offers, which is why we have created the following Q & A.
Information on where CBDfx sources its hemp isn’t easy to come by on the official website. The brand merely states that its products are “USA-made.” Third-party sources suggest that the brand uses hemp cultivated on Kentucky farms, though we can’t confirm this. While the company says the hemp is organic, it doesn’t necessarily mean it has been certified organic by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
CBDfx uses CO2 extraction to get the cannabinoids out of hemp. All its products are produced in Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) facilities under clinical-grade standards.
At this point, the products are tested for minor impurities. CBDfx claims it conducts this particular test eight times. Each CBDfx product is tagged with a QR code that sends you to the lab report.
SC Labs is the tester of choice for CBDfx. This makes sense since both SC Labs and CBDfx are Californian companies. SC Labs is a well-respected laboratory and claims it forms the most trusted cannabis testing network in the United States. Its labs are accredited by ORELAP in Oregon and ISO 1725 in California.
In general, the lab reports for most products are up to date, with testing conducted only a few months ago. The short COA we found for the Tropical Focus Shot was the exception rather than the rule. CBDfx typically includes detailed reports with information on cannabinoids, pesticides, residual solvents, mycotoxins, heavy metals, microbiology, and foreign materials.
Yes, CBDfx has a standard customer rewards program that revolves around points. You get a point for every dollar spent, and 100 points equate to $5 in rewards. You also get 100 points for creating an account, 100 points on your birthday, 10 points for following the brand on Facebook, and 10 points for following it on Instagram.
There are also four tiers of rewards:
As you can guess, the Platinum tier offers the most generous bonuses, including 2 points for every dollar you spend. To achieve Platinum status, you must spend $2,000 or complete 20 referrals. For the record, a successful referral also results in you receiving $20 worth of points, while the person you refer gets $20 off their first order.
Currently, CBDfx is offering 15% off any item you buy if you use the code CHILL at the checkout. This CBDfx coupon increases to 20% for two items and 25% for 3+ items.
Yes, CBDfx has a blog with several hundred entries that seems to be updated at least a couple of times a month. Most of the content relates to hemp and cannabis, although a few posts offer lifestyle tips. The blog posts are often quite detailed, and it is clear that the brand works hard to maintain a high standard.
How to Choose the Right CBDfx Product
It isn’t always easy deciding the best product for your specific needs. After all, CBD is linked with an incredible array of possible benefits. Things get even more complex when you view CBDfx’s enormous range! However, we have taken the time to examine three of the most common reasons people use CBD and match them with suitable CBDfx products.
- Insomnia: An estimated 70 million Americans have a sleep disorder, and sleeping issues affect hundreds of millions worldwide. Preliminary research suggests CBD could help with insomnia, excessive daytime sleepiness disorder, and REM sleep behavior disorder. The CBDfx Gummies with Melatonin option is one of many products sold by the brand that could help you sleep. Each gummy contains 25mg of CBD and 2.5mg of melatonin, and the brand recommends a serving size of two gummies. Melatonin is a hormone our body makes, and it regulates sleep-wake cycles. It can help with the timing of your circadian rhythms.
- Chronic Pain: According to the CDC, over 20% of American adults report feeling chronic pain, and a disturbingly high number of people use addictive opioid painkillers. However, there is evidence that CBD, a non-addictive and non-intoxicating compound, could help alleviate pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties. CBDfx’s CBD Cream for Muscle & Joint Cooling Formula is a good option if you want to deal with localized pain.
- Stress: Over three-quarters of people admit feeling stress that affects their physical health at some point, with over 70% saying stress impacts their mental health. CBD is linked with relaxation. Anecdotal reports state that the cannabinoid lowers stress levels. Several options within the CBDfx range help with stress. However, its Rejuvediol Massage Oil is a rare treat. Containing 500mg of broad-spectrum CBD, you should get your partner to give you a massage and rub this oil into your skin.
What Do Other Customers Have to Say?
CBDfx doesn’t have a great rating on Trustpilot, although it is hard to gauge much from a 2.3-star rating when it comes from only 14 reviews. Most negative reviews accuse the brand of publishing fake reviews on its official website. There are also some issues with orders.
There are thousands of mainly positive reviews on the CBDfx website. It seems likely that the brand vets the reviews and tries to avoid publishing negative ones. However, this is sadly common practice in the industry. More importantly, CBDfx tends to get good reviews on various third-party sites.
Certainly, CBDfx is a legitimate brand and has plenty of loyal customers. Here are a few screenshots outlining what customers say.
Additional CBDfx Products
CBDfx sells an extensive range of products, more than you’ll find on many of its rival’s websites. Here is a quick overview of what’s available.
- Mushrooms: CBDfx offers CBD drops containing a variety of medicinal, non-intoxicating mushrooms. These include reishi, maitake, turkey tail, chaga, lion’s mane, chaga, and cordyceps. Mushrooms have been a staple of traditional Chinese medicine for millennia and are linked with benefits such as an improved immune system, reduced stress, and increased energy.
- CBD + THC Products: CBDfx has infused several products with delta 9-THC. If you consume this cannabinoid, you can expect to feel an intoxicating high. As the substance is illegal in many states, particularly if you don’t have a medical marijuana card, we urge you to buy with caution. Choose between the CBDfx vape pen range, capsules, gummies, cookies, and drops. While the presence of CBD will take the edge off the intoxicating high, it is best not to consume these products before or during work, or if you have to operate heavy machinery.
- CBD Capsules: As per the rest of its product range, CBDfx ensures that customers have an exceptional number of items to choose from. There are capsules for sleep and energy, along with easy-to-swallow softgels. The energy capsules contain CBG, while the night capsules have CBN, valerian root, GABA, and magnesium.
- CBD Creams & Topicals: CBDfx has a fine selection of topicals, including CBD cream, balm, massage oil, bath salts, bath bombs, face masks, and foot cream. Whether you want to soak in a bath, enjoy a relaxing massage, give your feet some TLC, or alleviate pain, CBDfx has you covered.
- CBD Cookies: Each vegan cookie contains 20 mg of CBD, 13g of protein and is vegan-friendly. Choose between chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter flavors. The main downside here is the price; each cookie is $5.
- CBD Vape Pen: While many brands have stopped shipping vaping products due to the PACT Act, CBDfx continues to offer one of the most impressive ranges online. It sells vape juice containing 500mg in four flavors: Blue Raspberry, Fresh Mint, Tropical Breeze, and Strawberry Lemonade. Each disposable CBDfx pen offers up to 800 puffs but is also rechargeable to ensure you enjoy every last drop of the vape juice. There is also a CBDfx vape kit and cartridges.
- CBD for Pets: There are CBDfx dog and cat products, including oils, dog treats, and a pet balm.
CBDfx Review: Final Summary
|WayofLeaf’s Overall Value Rating|
|WayofLeaf’s Customer Service Rating|
|Ships Outside the USA?|
|Available for Online Ordering?|
|Available in Retail Stores?|
|Military/Veteran’s Discount Available?|
|Money Back Guarantee?||Yes (60 days)|
|Shipping/Returns Policy||Unlike other brands that claim to ship to all 50 states, CBDfx makes a few exceptions. At present, it doesn’t ship any products to Idaho. It also doesn’t ship delta 9 THC and CBD inhalables to South Dakota and Hawaii. If you live in a state where THC is illegal, don’t try to buy any of these products!|
Japanese customers can buy products on the requisite website. Meanwhile, the UK site ships to British customers, although it gives conflicting information on whether it ships to the EU.
American customers who use the free shipping option can expect to wait 5-8 business days to receive their products. You can pay extra for faster shipping.
|Link to Buy||cbdfx.com|
Overall, our experience with CBDfx was mainly positive. We were impressed by the quality of the products and feel that, for the most part, the brand offers good value for money. There’s an outstanding selection of products on the official website. Indeed, there are very few CBD products that AREN’T available! It also ships to several countries and looks likely to continue expanding.
The 60-day money-back guarantee is more generous than many of its rivals, although it typically only applies to unopened products. Some customers have raised issues about the company, but in general, we feel it deserves to be ranked among the top brands in the industry.
Finally, please remember that CBDfx also sells delta 9-THC products, which may NOT be legal in your area. Check your state laws before making a purchase.