The use of cannabis is gradually being legalized throughout the United States – 33 states allow the medicinal use of cannabis, while 11 allow for recreational use. So it’s no surprise really that cannabis-infused treats and meals are becoming increasingly popular both on the Internet and in the market.
One cannabis recipe that seems to be taking the internet by storm is cannabis curry. Curry is the western term given to a group of dishes prepared using a mixture of spices that are common in Asian cuisine.
Thanks to the diffusion of Asian cuisine, which took place during the times of British colonies in Asia, curry recipes have spread all across the globe. Essentially, curry is a paste that is prepared with different Asian spices, depending on the location. They may include turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, coriander, basil, celery, chili, ginger, and lemongrass, among other spices.
Each country and region has its own curry recipe, so it’s not surprising to see many variations of this blend. Likewise, you will find plenty of variations when looking for a cannabis curry recipe. Below, we are going to give you a delicious recipe for a Thai green chicken curry.
Cannabis-Infused Green Thai Curry
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Curry serves: 2 servings
Curry paste serves: 8 servings
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own delicious cannabis curry:
- 1 roughly chopped Lemongrass stalk
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 Thai green chilies
- 70 grams of ginger
- 6 lime leaves
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves and stems
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 30 grams of palm sugar
- 5 tablespoons cannabis-infused coconut oil
Thai Green Curry:
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thai basil
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1-2 lime wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon medicated green curry paste (see above)
- 1 diced Thai chili pepper (optional)
Making your cannabis-infused curry recipe is simple. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Combine all the paste ingredients in a food processor until it’s fully blended into a fine paste.
Thai Green Curry:
- Heat saucepan or wok over medium heat. Once hot, add one tablespoon of cannabis-infused coconut oil.
- Add chicken pieces, and some salt and pepper to taste. Stir for approximately 5 minutes – until the chicken is almost cooked. Then remove chicken from heat.
- Add mushrooms to the saucepan, and add more salt and pepper for taste. Sautee for approximately 3 – 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Then remove from the saucepan.
- Add one tablespoon of cannabis-infused coconut oil and curry paste to the saucepan and saute until fragrant (for about 1 – 2 minutes). Stir constantly.
- Add the chicken bouillon cube. Once it has dissolved, add the coconut milk. Stir well and lower the heat to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms back into the saucepan. Saute until cooked through. Add coriander and basil – cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with Thai chili and fresh lime.
- Serve and enjoy!
Final Thoughts on Cannabis Chicken Curry
As you can see, preparing this recipe is relatively easy. Just follow the step-by-step instructions, and you will have a delicious cannabis curry ready to serve in about 45 minutes.
The recipe can be altered to suit your needs and desires. The recommended cannabis infusion dosage is merely a suggestion. Cannabis dosing is a complex matter and is entirely based on your desired potency and tolerance.
For more tasty ways to enjoy your weed, check out the recipes section of the website. And let us know how your cannabis curry turns out in the comments.