Don’t you just love Cinnamon rolls. Well, just imagine some of that amazing reefer to the recipe and suddenly you’ve got something that is absolutely delicious and will keep you buzzin’ all afternoon. Here’s our recipe for the ultimate dessert, Cinnamon Weed Rolls, the tastiest of recipes for all cannabis lovers.
For this recipe you are going to need some Cannamilk, so if you haven’t got any here is how to make it.
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make the Perfect Cannamilk:
- 1 liter of whole milk or full fat milk
- 25 grams of your best marijuana
- Medium sauce pan
- Metal (steel) large mixing bowl
- Whisk or stirring spoon
Let’s Get Started Cookin’ Up Our Cannamilk:
- Place a few inches of water into the medium saucepan, and place the water on medium heat, bringing the liquid to a slight boil.
- In a steel bowl, combine your cannabis buds with your milk and begin whisking them together. This is the fun part.
- Reduce your boiling pot of water to low heat so the liquid begins to simmer, and place the steel bowl so that the bottom of the bowl touches the hot water inside the pot. This creates a semi double boiling effect, keeping your milk at a stabilized temperature to prevent it from curdling.
- Keep the heat low and slow cook the milk and marijuana to prevent the THC from getting ruined. Stir occasionally with your whisk to keep the mixture emulsified.
- Let the Cannamilk cook from 30 minutes up to 3 hours, depending on the strength and potency you desire. Be sure that this entire cook time is happening with a very low heat.
- Once ready, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth to remove the excess leaves and buds, and store your freshly made Cannamilk in the fridge for safe keeping.
Let’s Start Cooking Our Cinnamon Weed Rolls:
What You’ll Need:
- 1 packet instant yeast* (2 1/4 tsp)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup Cannamilk
- 1/2 cup (112 g) Earth balance (vegan butter), divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups (408 g) unbleached all purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp (63 g) organic cane sugar, divided*
The Process of Making Your Cinnamon Weed Rolls:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- In a large sauce pan, heat the almond milk and 3 Tbsp Earth Balance until warm and melted, don’t boil. Remove from heat and let cool down. It should be warm but not too hot. Over heating will kill the yeast. Transfer into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp sugar and salt. Stir!
- Add 1/2 cup of flour (68 g) at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky. When thick, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Don’t over mix. In a different mixing bowl, coat with canola or grapeseed oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for about 1 hour. It should double in size.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough. It should be in a thin rectangle. Brush with 3 Tbsp melted Earth Balance and top with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 – 1 Tbsp cinnamon.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a serrated knife or a string of floss, cut the dough into 1.5 – 2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered 8×8-inch square or comparable sized round pan. Try to get out of it as many rolls as possible.
- Brush with remaining 2 Tbsp Earth Balance (melted) and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven or a warm surface to let rise again while.
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.
- Now comes the good part, the Weed Frosting. Make a simple mixture of 1 cup (112 g) organic powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp almond milk and 1 Tbsp of Cannamilk. If you want it stronger add two spoons.