Original Italian recipes inspire this Canna-Cacciatore Chicken recipe. With the savory sauce, delicious chicken roast, and potentially intoxicating effects, it’s a perfect meal for any lunch or dinner occasion.
Best of all, it contains a reasonable amount of THC to fulfill your food and cannabis cravings. This is a favorite recipe of ours, and we are more than happy to share it with you!
This dish pairs exquisitely with a glass of your favorite white or red wine or even a beer from your preferred microbrewery.
You need Cannabis Oil to get started. If you don’t have some to hand, follow this simple recipe:
Cannabis Oil Ingredients
- 1-1 ½ ounces of finely ground, decarboxylated marijuana, trim or buds (ounces vary depending on the potency you desire)
- 28 ounces of extra virgin olive or coconut oil
- A large saucepan
- A stirring spoon
- An airtight container to hold the oil (a glass mason jar works great for this)
Steps to Make Cannabis Oil
- Place your olive/coconut oil in the saucepan on low to medium heat. Make sure it gets hot but doesn’t boil.
- Once the oil is hot, drop in the ground cannabis and stir thoroughly.
- Stir frequently but make sure the oil does not begin to boil.
- Once you have slow cooked the buds for approximately two hours, turn off the heat.
- Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth into the container you chose.
- Squeeze the cheesecloth to get every last drop of the mixture in the container.
- Place the jar of Canna Oil in a dark place or the fridge for storage.
Now you have the oil; it is time to make dinner. The following recipe is enough for four people and takes approximately 30-40 minutes to prepare and cook.
Canna-Cacciatore Chicken Ingredients
- A jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 0.5 cups of Canna Oil
- 1-1.5 packs of skinned and cleaned chicken breast
- A pack of cremini or button mushrooms
- One medium-sized onion (red or white)
- Rosemary & salt and pepper to taste
Canna-Cacciatore Chicken Steps
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of your portioned Canna Oil and throw it into a large skillet on low heat. Let this oil heat for a couple of minutes.
- Open your pack of chicken breast and throw the pieces into the hot skillet.
- Chop the onion and the pack of mushrooms and place the pieces in the skillet with the chicken. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. You can cover the pan with a lid to retain moisture.
- While the chicken and veggies are roasting, empty your tomato sauce into a small pot. Add the rest of the Canna Oil. Include a little finely chopped rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the sauce and allow it to reach a light boil. Once it is hot and ready, put it on the side.
- When the chicken is cooked, pour the marijuana-infused tomato sauce over the chicken in the large skillet. Mix it with a spatula for an even coat of sauce.
We hope you love this Canna-Cacciatore Chicken as much as we do! Also, don’t forget to save a little for later. It can become a healthy snack for when you get the munchies.