There is a strong association between marijuana consumption and the munchies. While some users enjoy a savory sensation, others let their sweet tooth run wild. Imagine having your cake and eating it with regards to cannabis use.
Instead of getting stoned and succumbing to the munchies, you can get baked while eating!
This article features three great homemade dessert cannabis edibles. They are a fantastic way to finish off a three-course meal. Alternatively, you can enjoy one as a sweet treat when you also want to experience mild intoxication.
1 – Lemon Canna-Oil Cake
What You’ll Need
- Mixing bowls
- A whisk
- A non-stick 9-inch loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raw, unprocessed sugar
- 1/3 cup canna-oil
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (imitation works fine)
Using a whisk, blend the almond milk and lemon juice and set it aside. For extra lemon flavor, you can also add a bit of lemon zest. This takes care of the vegan buttermilk.
Directions for the Lemon Canna-Oil Cake
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and coat the sides and bottom with olive or coconut oil. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar and cannabis oil together until it has a creamy consistency. Next, add the buttermilk mixture and blend well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly fold in the buttermilk mixture until all the components are evenly blended.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake until you can prick the cake with a toothpick, and it comes out clean. This should happen after about 45 minutes of baking.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before putting it on a cooling rack. Finally, place the cake on a baking sheet to cool for another 15-20 minutes.
Directions for the Glaze
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Pour it over the cake once it has completely cooled.
This citrus delight is a cannabis edible you can enjoy at the end of a meal. However, plenty of readers may decide it works great with a cup of CBD coffee or tea.
2 – Homemade Marijuana-Infused Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon rolls are a go-to snack when hunger pangs hit, and you crave something sweet. With this recipe, you create a marijuana edible that your friends will love. Before we begin, please note that you’ll require THC milk, or cannamilk, to get started.
How to Make Cannamilk:
- One liter of whole or full-fat milk
- 25 grams of your best marijuana (the precise amount is up to you)
- A medium-sized saucepan
- A cheesecloth
- A large metal mixing bowl
- A whisk or stirring spoon
- Place a few inches of water into the saucepan and place on medium heat. Bring the liquid to a slight boil.
- Combine your cannabis buds with the milk and start whisking them together in the metal bowl.
- Reduce the heat to ensure the liquid starts to simmer. Place the metal bowl on the saucepan. Make sure the bottom of the bowl touches the hot water inside the saucepan. This process keeps your milk at a stabilized temperature to prevent it from curdling.
- Keep the heat low and slow cook the milk and marijuana to prevent the THC from getting ruined. Stir occasionally with your whisk to keep the mixture emulsified.
- Let the cannamilk cook from 30 minutes up to 3 hours, depending on the strength and potency you desire. Please ensure you keep the milk on low heat for this entire period.
- Once ready, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth to remove the excess leaves and buds. Store your freshly made cannamilk in the fridge for safekeeping.
How to Cook Cinnamon Weed Rolls
What You’ll Need
- One packet of instant yeast* (2 1/4 tsp)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup cannamilk
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance (vegan butter), divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp (63 g) of organic cane sugar, divided*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 Celsius).
- In a large saucepan, heat the almond milk and 3 tbsp of the Earth Balance until it is warm and melted. Don’t boil. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down. It should be warm but not too hot. Overheating will kill the yeast. Transfer into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on the yeast. Let it activate for 10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp sugar and salt. Stir!
- Add 1/2 cup of flour at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky. When thick, transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Don’t over mix.
- In a different mixing bowl, coat with canola or grapeseed oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for about 1 hour. It should double in size.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough. It should be in a thin rectangle. Brush with another 3 tbsp of melted Earth Balance. Top with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 – 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate with the seam side down. Use a serrated knife or a string of floss to cut the dough into 1.5 – 2-inch sections. Position the sections in a well-buttered 8×8-inch square or comparably sized round pan. Try to make as many rolls as possible.
- Brush with the remaining 2 tbsp of melted Earth Balance and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven or a warm surface.
- Once the oven is hot, bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes or until they are slightly golden brown. Let the rolls cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now comes the good part: the Weed Frosting. Make a simple mixture of 1 cup organic powdered sugar, 1 tbsp almond milk, and 1 tbsp of cannamilk. If you want it more of a kick, add two spoons. The combination of cinnamon and cannabis will make your mouth water. It may also provide a pleasant feeling of intoxication.
3 – Cannabis Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is surprisingly popular as a dessert. This is why it is potentially a great cannabis edible to make at home. However, you need cannabis oil before proceeding. If you don’t have any to hand, here is a quick and easy recipe. You need:
- 1-1.5 ounces of finely ground, decarboxylated marijuana, trim or buds
- 28 ounces of cooking oil
- Heat your oil in a saucepan on low to medium heat. Make sure that it doesn’t boil.
- Once hot, drop in the fine ground cannabis and stir to prevent the weed from burning.
- After 1.5 – 2 hours of slow cooking, take the buds off the stove.
- Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth and into a jar.
- Place the canna oil in a cool, dry, dark place for storage.
Cannabis Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 175g light sugar
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 40ml canna oil
- Three large eggs, lightly beaten
- 140g grated carrot
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g raisins
- Grated zest of 1 large orange
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg (freshly grated will give you the best flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil and line the base and sides of an 18cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix the sugar, oil, canna oil, and eggs. Stir in the grated carrots, raisins, and orange rind.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and spices, then sift into the bowl. Lightly mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth texture. It will be a bit bumpy because of the raisins.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40- 45 minutes. Prod the cake with a toothpick to see if it is still runny inside. It should come out moist but not wet. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn it out, peel off the paper and let it cool.
- Cut into bite-size squares and coat with sugar icing. Now it is ready to serve.
Final Thoughts on Dessert Cannabis Edibles
We hope you enjoy making these marijuana edibles as much as we did. You can try to make all of them, but you’re in danger of overloading on sugar and THC! When creating any cannabis edible, make sure you add moderate amounts of weed. This ensures you enjoy a gentle buzz rather than something you find hard to handle.