The world of work, family, and other obligations can bring stress, body aches, and the need to relax and wind down. And there’s nothing more stress-releasing in today’s fast-paced world than massage. Massage is also a great way to connect to your significant other, friends, or family members suffering from disease-related pain.
If you’d like to maximize your massage benefits, invest in a quality CBD massage oil. In this article, we’ll go over some of the best CBD massage oils on the market.
What is CBD Massage Oil?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of many hemp-derived compounds. Manufacturers can infuse essential oils and emollients with a high-grade CBD. These ingredients are part and parcel of a CBD massage oil. There are currently a variety of emerging brands that manufacture quality, CBD-rich massage oils.
Individuals can use these oils to enliven and supercharge a massage. CBD massage oils hydrate the skin, assist with deep tissue stimulation, and can feel great. CBD may also aid in promoting relaxation, reducing stress, and alleviating pain.
Pros and Cons of Using CBD Massage Oil
- Post-Exercise Recovery: Exercise can leave you feeling sore and tired. Many joggers, walkers, and cardio-boxers may experience strain on their knees, muscles, and joints. CBD oil massage can alleviate soreness, expunge muscle tension, and ease any pains.
- Hydrate Skin: The best CBD oil for massage will hydrate and provide much-needed skin TLC. The effects of winter, rain, and hot sun in the summer can wreak havoc on the skin’s layers. The result can include areas of the body that feel rough, sore, and in need of moisture.
- Stress Reduction: A massage has many advantages, and also provides stress relief. Many individuals carry tension, stress, and daily worries in ways that affect the body. Stiff shoulders, tense necks, and knit brows can signal mental strain and pressure.
- It Feels Good: Sometimes, a massage is just a massage. There doesn’t need to be a particular reason or occasion to get one. Gentle massage can feel fantastic. An added boost of CBD can make it feel even better.
- It Isn’t Psychoactive: Stimulation with a CBD massage lotion or oil won’t impact your cognition or perception. You won’t have to worry about changes occurring in your brain. You can engage in your everyday tasks, including work, without any psychoactive effects.
- Inconvenience: Getting an hour-long massage can interrupt a busy day. If you’re looking to get a quick CBD boost, this may not be the most efficient route. Consuming CBD or vaping may prove much faster, with less time set aside.
- Side Effects: Most CBD users don’t report any ill effects. However, a small contingent of users may experience adverse reactions. These reactions may include dizziness, headaches, fatigue, itchiness, and in rare cases, an allergic reaction.
- Bioavailability: Most experts define the bioavailability of a substance as the amount of a compound available after absorption. In the case of skin contact, CBD’s bioavailability may prove lower than other means of consumption.
- Cost: If you’re getting a CBD oil massage from a friend or partner, they may do so from the kindness of their hearts. However, this isn’t the case for most commercial ventures. Massage studios and spas ask for top dollar for most massages, and CBD massages may be costly.
- Unskilled Masseuse: Most massage therapists and masseuses operate under a philosophy where a client’s comfort is paramount. However, if the masseuse isn’t well-versed in techniques, a client can end up with more bruising and soreness.
EDITOR’S CHOICE – OUR LIFE DETOX CBD
If you’re curious about the #1 choice for best CBD massage oil of the year, Our Life Detox CBD won for quality, aroma, and price. Read on to learn more.
Ingredients to Look for in a CBD Massage Oil
Massages can be a great way to relax. CBD can boost the results even more. However, not every CBD massage oil tincture is the same. The CBD industry isn’t highly regulated, so many companies make substandard oils.
Finding a reliable CBD oil is critical to a good massage. A quality brand will enhance the massage experience and provide greater relaxation. The crucial part of the search is to find a company dedicated to top-notch products and transparency.
A reputable company will have products made from American hemp. American hemp meets many high standards. Consumers must also ensure that the CBD massage oil they purchase comes from a company that features third-party lab tests.
Lab results often reveal the composition of the oil, including the presence of solvents, pesticides, and other undesirable compounds. IT will also list the amount of CBD, terpenes, and other cannabinoids. A company committed to transparency will also list the results on their site or make them available to the consumer.
Can I Make CBD Massage Oil at Home?
CBD massage oil can turn a typical massage into a soothing and relaxing affair. Consumers can enjoy the way the oil melts away stress, encourages sleep, promotes well being, and creates balance. However, if you don’t have any CBD massage oil on hand, you can create your own.
While CBD massage oil contains a carefully crafted and research-backed formulation, the advantage of making CBD massage oils at home is it can speak to your unique needs. You can add a plethora of essential oils, and CBD drops to make a concoction that fits your preferences.
Making CBD massage oil at home is simple. You need first to gather a few ingredients. Your CBD massage oil requires at least a ¼ cup of carrier oil. A carrier oil acts as an intermediary between the CBD and your body’s systems to ensure absorption. Examples of carrier oils include:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil (fractionated or virgin)
- Avocado oil
- Bergamot oil
- Hemp seed oil
- Jojoba oil
Once you’ve obtained your carrier oil, you’ll have to blend it with a CBD isolate, concentrate, or CBD liquid (oil). Next, you can add essential oils for aroma. Some good examples of essential oils include peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, and lemon oils.
How to Enjoy Your CBD Massage Oil
Enjoying your CBD massage oil is more than just getting the right product. There are a few things you may do to ensure that you’ll have a productive CBD experience.
- Get in the mood: Whether with a professional or a friend, getting a massage requires the right state of mind. Turn off your phone, close your laptop, and leave the little ones with a sitter. A massage is an act of self-care, and as such, necessitates focus and the ability to turn your mind inward.
- Get clean: Take a shower and get cleaned up before your massage. Not only will it make you feel good, but it will also wash away dirt, grime, and any odors that will make you and your masseuse uncomfortable. It will also ensure that the oils will be more effective.
- Drink water: A CBD oil massage will hydrate your skin, but you should be sure that you feel hydrated from the inside. Drinking water has some health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, lubricating joints, and flushing out toxins and wastes.
- Set the temperature: No matter where you’re getting your massage, be sure that the environment is comfortable. This also includes ambient temperature. If the area is too warm or too cold, you won’t relax enough to enjoy the massage.
The Best CBD Massage Oils of The Year
Finding the best CBD massage oils was fun, but it wasn’t easy. While there were lots of great choices, there can be only one winner per category. We’ve managed to narrow it down and have chosen quality products with many great attributes: Our Life Detox CBD, BioCBD+, and Mary’s Nutritionals.
Choosing the product with the best ingredients wasn’t easy. It was quite challenging! All three companies include some of the best parts that nature has to offer. Our Life Detox CBD, for example, contains CBD along with naturally-occurring elements such as turmeric, ginger, lemon, and ylang-ylang.
BioCBD+ offers consumers a hefty dose of CBD with curcumin and white willow bark, compounds famous for assisting in soothing nerves and calming irritation. However, there was one winner. It was clear after using this product that Mary’s Nutritionals provides the added benefit of research-backed ingredients.
Mary’s Nutritionals contains sunflower seed and grapeseed oils along with 50mg of activated CBD per bottle.
BEST INGREDIENTS – MARY’S NUTRITIONALS
When it comes to massage oil, a product must have a smell you enjoy. The aroma of the product will soak deep into your skin, and depending on how you receive it, the fragrance will either relax or stress you out even more.
We understand that individual preferences can come into play. However, when we gave all three products a try, we noticed both advantages and disadvantages. First, Mary’s Nutritionals had a light and refreshing aroma. It wasn’t too overpowering and didn’t overwhelm. However, we compared it to the others. The BioCBD+ also had a light fragrance.
It smelled a tad bit more medicinal but wasn’t overpowering. However, we enjoyed the Our Life Detox CBD the most. It had an aroma that was fragrant and enjoyable.
BEST AROMA – OUR LIFE DETOX CBD
Best CBD Massage Oil if You Have Chronic Pain
Massage is great to relax, but it is also excellent for pain. CBD massages often supercharge this benefit and may ease chronic pain. Our team had various physical complaints gained from sitting at the computer from hours on end. This included neck strain, backaches, and muscle tension.
We proceeded to put the three brands to the test. Mary’s Nutritionals had some excellent results. Our team members felt their back pain eased just a bit after a rub down with this formulation. We next tried Our Life Detox CBD. While it felt great, it didn’t have the impact of Mary’s Nutritionals.
The clear winner in this category by a landslide was BioCBD+. It not only soothed our aches and pains, but it also felt fantastic.
BEST OIL IF YOU HAVE CHRONIC PAIN – BIOCBD+
Best CBD Massage Oil if You Feel Stressed
CBD massages are wonderful antidotes to a stressful week. The best massage CBD oil helps to soothe and calm. Choosing between these three bands was still a challenging decision. Each one of them felt relaxing and gave us peace of mind during our massages.
However, the winner in this category goes to Our Life Detox CBD. The compounds seemed to get deep into our tissues, and we all agreed that we felt over the top calm and much less tense with this brand. We were fans of the jojoba and sweet almond oils, which seemed to lull us into a sense of drowsy contentment.
BEST OIL IF YOU FEEL STRESSED – OUR LIFE DETOX CBD
Best Budget Pick
Each brand has its benefits, and this can include the price. Although you don’t want to pay for substandard products, consumers should try to purchase a practical item that will meet their needs. This category may seem straightforward, but we have to think not only in terms of price but also in quality.
The three brands are all great buys. However, there is one brand that is not only a solid purchase, with requisite third-party testing and the like, but also affordable. We had to go with Our Life Detox CBD. It has the most punch for the money and boasts three affordable price points for three sizes and potencies.
Price Point Comparison: (Lowest Price)
- *Our Life Detox CBD: $15.00/125mg/2oz., $40.00/500mg/8oz., $75.00/1000mg/16oz
- Mary’s Nutritionals: $40.00/50mg CBD/4oz
- BioCBD+: $51.00/64mg CBD/2 oz
BEST BUDGET PICK – OUR LIFE DETOX CBD
Topicals present the latest in a long line of CBD innovations. CBD massage oils, in particular, have blended the extravagance of a spa experience with the possible benefits of CBD oil. The result is a product that soothes, calms, and may mitigate aches and pains.
CBD is becoming increasingly acceptable. People can now weave CBD seamlessly into the fabric of their daily routines. CBD massage oils are no exception. People can enjoy a boost of CBD without changing up this relaxing activity. However, having a quality purchase can make all the difference.
We’ve done the work of finding the best CBD massage oils so you won’t have to! You can spend that time doing something for yourself–including getting a massage.